Closing Date: May 2018
Stena Drilling has had an active role in the building and conversion of rigs whilst also pioneering some of the most leading-edge technologies and innovations in the drilling world, culminating with the Stena IceMAX, the world's first dynamically positioned, dual mast ice-class drillship, meticulously designed specifically for safe and efficient operations in arctic conditions.
Stena Drilling's core business values are focused on care, innovation and performance.
The pursuit of these goals looks to ensure positive client relations, exceptional performance within our industry and strives to improve the safety, both to the environment and to all personnel involved.
We are currently looking for applicants to be considered for future opportunities as Barge Engineer. Some of the main duties and responsibilities will include –
- Manage the safe efficient running of the Marine Department as directed by Barge Master.
- Deputises for Barge Master in the event that the Barge Master becomes incapacitated.
- Bosun, Crane Operator, Control Room Operator, Radio Operator, (and DP) report to Barge Engineer during shift.
- On Scene Commander during an emergency.
- Ensure that Daily Heli-Fuel checks are carried out by the HLO or designate.
- Monitor weather conditions, vessel position and mooring tensions (where applicable).
- Supervise stability, stability calculations and ballast operations, and maintain the watertight integrity.
- Ensure lifting equipment is maintained and inspected to LOLER and local standards. Ensure all lifting equipment is safe for use and colour coded. To maintain an up to date register of equipment and follow quarantine procedures.
- Ensure that lifting & rigging operations, supply boat and deck lifts are controlled and carried out safely. Lift Plans, Risk Assessments and Procedures are strictly followed, complying with LOLER. Crane Operations are carried out within the Operational parameters.
- Ensure loading and transfer of Fuel Oil, Base Oil, OBM, SBM, Brines and bulk material follow procedures and within the operational limitations.
- To maintain the bulk system ready for use.
- Ensure a supply of cement to the cement unit surge tank during cementing operations, whilst on duty.
- Maintain marine planned maintenance including all marine, fire-fighting, and lifesaving equipment.
- Any other duties as required by Master/OIM and/or Barge Master.
- Allocate tasks to Senior D.P.O. (DP Vessels), Control Room Operator (Semi-Submersibles) and provide adequate supervision in order to ensure that all such tasks are carried out in a safe and efficient manner.
- Responsible and accountable for the safety of the personnel working under their direction and shall be expected to conduct operations at all times in full compliance with company procedures (SMS)
- Identify and address any violations of procedures concerning personnel under their direction.
- Continuous or repeated violations of policies or procedures should be highlighted and brought to the attention of the HoD/Master-OIM.
- Comply with the Management of Change Principle.
- Actively participate in accident/incident investigations when required.
Primary Qualifications / Certification
Marine Certificate of Competence (CoC) Chief Officer Reg II/2
DP Certificate for DP Vessels.
Proficiency In Security Awareness
STCW Personal Survival Techniques (PST) (STCW A-VI/1-1) designated Security Duties
STCW Fire Prevention & Fire Fighting (FP&FF) (STCW A-VI/1-2)
STCW Advanced Firefighting (AFF) (STCW A-VI/1-4)
OPITO Fire Team Leader
PITO Lifeboat Coxswain Twinfall/Freefall
Ballast & Stability Level 3