Control Room Operator
Closing Date: May 2018
Stena Drilling has had an active role in the building and conversion of rigs whilst also pioneering some of the most leading-edge technologies and innovations in the drilling world, culminating with the Stena IceMAX, the world's first dynamically positioned, dual mast ice-class drillship, meticulously designed specifically for safe and efficient operations in arctic conditions.
Stena Drilling's core business values are focused on care, innovation and performance.
The pursuit of these goals looks to ensure positive client relations, exceptional performance within our industry and strives to improve the safety, both to the environment and to all personnel involved.
We are currently looking for applicants to be considered for opportunities as Control Room Operator. Some of the main duties and responsibilities will include –
- Ballast the unit within the design parameters and in accordance to Company procedures / Guidelines. Ensure that the unit is operated within the design stability loading limitations. Ensure deck loads and stability calculations are completed and that paper stability calculations are completed at the frequency defined by the company. This will include deck checks to verify stability data.
- Monitor the water-tight and weather-tight integrity of the unit.
- Monitor weather and environmental conditions. Report to Barge Master or designate, when operation limits are being approached, or if weather conditions are not following forecast. The key factors being wind limits and sea-state.
- Monitor the unit’s position and ensure the mooring tensions are within parameters.
- Notify the Barge Master or designate of any abnormality or problem with the unit’s stability or ballast system.
- Notify the Engineering / Mechanical department of any mechanical problems or abnormalities, also ensuring that the Barge Master or designate is made aware of the issue. Monitor alarm systems and unit’s instrumentation, communicate to duty person to ensure adequate response and/or follow up Monitor and Control the supply of bulk products as directed by operations and the Barge Master. Ensure that prior to any vessel being granted entry within the 500 meter safety zone, that fully verification is conducted of the vessel’s capability in accordance to the company’s procedures. .Ensure that information / key announcements/notifications are made through the unit’s public address system as required during normal operations.
- Monitor the Fire & Gas system, ensuring any indications are thoroughly investigated.
- Respond to alarms and emergency signals. Initiate alarms and emergency signals in accordance with the unit’s emergency response procedures.
- Maintain regular contact with the ERRV and Supply Vessels in the vicinity. Be aware of planned supply boat operations. Be aware of Helicopter movements.
- Ensure all logbooks, reports and checklists required by Company, Operator and Regulations are promptly and correctly completed and transmitted.
- Act as Permit to Work coordinator
- Any other duties as required by onboard company Management
Primary Qualifications / Certification
Marine Certificate of Competence (CoC) Chief Officer Reg II/2
Proficiency In Security Awareness
STCW Personal Survival Techniques (PST) (STCW A-VI/1-1) designated Security Duties
STCW Fire Prevention & Fire Fighting (FP&FF) (STCW A-VI/1-2)
STCW Advanced Firefighting (AFF) (STCW A-VI/1-4)
OPITO Fire Team Leader
PITO Lifeboat Coxswain Twinfall/Freefall
Ballast & Stability Level 3