Environmental Officer (H&S Support)
Location: Base - Aberdeen
Closing Date: May 2018
Stena Drilling is one of the world’s leading companies in the development, construction and operation of offshore drilling rigs and drillships. Our fleet of four ultra-Deepwater drillships and Three semi-submersible rigs.
Stena Drilling manages an international drilling operation, based on experience from worldwide projects. Our core values are focused on care, innovation and performance.
The pursuit of these goals looks to ensure positive client relations, exceptional performance within our industry and strives to improve the safety, both to the environment and to all personnel involved.
As a family owned company, we realise the importance of our world class employees in the successful delivery of our safe and efficient drilling operations.
Reports To: HSE Manager
Roles & Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
· Assist and Liaise with Operators, Governing Bodies and Industry Workgroups as directed by the HSE Manager.
· Assist and advise personnel and management on all aspects of the environment.
· Monitor conformance to company policies, local and international environmental laws relating to the operation of the Company and advise management of any discrepancies.
· Coordinate the implementation, development, maintenance and accreditation of the company wide ISO14001 Environmental Management System.
· Perform environmental audits and inspections.
· Monitoring and analysis of resource consumption and disposal.
· Prepare statistical information regarding QHSE matters for presentation to Company Management.
· Assist in the development and maintenance of environmental Objectives & Targets.
· Assist in the development, maintenance and implementation of environmental procedures.
· Coordinate Bid/Tender responses on QHSE.
· Sustainability Coordinator for the organisation.
· Develop and carry out environmental training and awareness sessions, when applicable.
· Coordinate the company’s membership to supplier management databases e.g. First Point Assessment Ltd (FPAL) & ISNet World.
· Assist with environmental audits by external parties i.e. authorities, certification bodies, and clients.
· Assist in development and maintenance of the Environmental Sections of the Safety Cases.
· Any other duties, appropriate to the QHSE function as requested by the HSE Manager.
· Synergi Administrator & Management Systems Assistant cover when required.
· Communicate regularly with all members of the HSE Department about matters of concern at Department meetings.
· Minute Department meetings and make available to department.
Health and Safety
· Demonstrate commitment to the Company’s safety policies through leadership and guidance.
· Must be fully committed to preventing damage to the Environment and shall work in accordance with Stena Drilling’s HSE Policy, Environmental Protection Policy and Procedures.
Qualifications & Experience
· Relevant degree or formal environmental qualification
· Formal EMS Auditor qualification
· Experience in a similar role
· Demonstrate a personal commitment to a safe working environment.
· Organisational skills
· Good communication skills
· Presentation skills