HEALTH, SAFETY & ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY
Stena Drilling Limited shall conduct its business in a safe and efficient manner. We will not hurt people; harm the environment, or damage equipment and the workplace.
To meet this goal we shall:
- Strive to prevent all accidents and incidents that may arise through Company activities.
- Identify Risks and establish appropriate safeguards to prevent realisation of these Risks.
- Create a safe and healthy working environment.
- Ensure all our operations are carried out in accordance with relevant Legislation and Statutory requirements.
- Provide resources, including staffing, supervision, equipment, information, instruction and training to meet this Policy.
- Involve and consult employees and where appropriate their Representatives in all Health, Safety and Environmental related matters.
- Always seek to capitalise on Lessons Learned from Company Operations.
- Monitor and audit compliance with this Policy and its associated Management Systems, to ensure that they are effective, and take action to ensure continuous improvement.
Employees are responsible for working safely, ensuring that all procedures affecting their work are fully implemented and followed.
Management and Supervisors are responsible and accountable for the safety of the personnel working under their direction and shall be expected to conduct operations at all times in full compliance with Stena Drilling Limited procedures.
- We will never compromise Safety in our efforts to achieve maximum performance.
- We will not hurt people or harm the environment while carrying out our business.
- We shall seek to eliminate all Procedure and House Rule violations.
- We shall use the Perfect Day as our Road Map to Zero Accidents & Incidents.
- We will never surprise each other with bad news when there is no time to adjust.
- We shall strive to be the Perfect Partner and recognised for our professionalism.
- We will develop a Safety Culture that strives above all for excellence.
We believe that by working together in accordance with these Principles, we will achieve our primary objective.
We shall also take care of our most important asset in the long term, our Clients. We shall do this in such a way that we contribute to their development as well as that of society.
HEALTH & SAFETY AWARDS
Stena Drilling's HSE Performance is a key KPI within the organisation, we are consistently nominated for our Safety Performance in the IADC North Sea Chapter annual awards. This performance is also regularly recognised within the industry and Stena clients.
We are continually challenging our HSE performance and promoting a culture where compliance is the norm and not a requirement.
Safety Performance 2015 - Floaters
Safety Performance 2014 - Floaters
Safety Performance 2013 - Drill-Ships
Safety Performance 2012 - Semi-Submersibles
Safety Performance 2012 - Drill-Ships
Special Merit 2011 - Stena Carron
Safety Performance 2011 - Semi-Submersibles
Safety Performance 2008 - Semi-Submersibles
VESSEL SAFETY CASES
Whilst, a Vessel Safety Case is not mandatory for all countries where Stena Drilling operate it is however a Stena Drilling principal to prepare and maintain a Vessel Safety Case, as Standard, for all of their Vessels regardless of the country or region of operations. All of the Vessel Safety Cases are prepared in line with UK Safety Case Regulations & International Association of Drilling Contractors (IADC) Guidelines.