Closing Date: May 2018
Stena Drilling has had an active role in the building and conversion of rigs whilst also pioneering some of the most leading-edge technologies and innovations in the drilling world, culminating with the Stena IceMAX, the world's first dynamically positioned, dual mast ice-class drillship, meticulously designed specifically for safe and efficient operations in arctic conditions.
Stena Drilling's core business values are focused on care, innovation and performance.
The pursuit of these goals looks to ensure positive client relations, exceptional performance within our industry and strives to improve the safety, both to the environment and to all personnel involved.
We are currently looking for applicants to be considered for future opportunities as a Rig Manager. Some of the main duties and responsibilities will include –
The Rig Manager is responsible for the day to day operations of the unit. Acts as the formal single point of contact with the Client, and is responsible for the liaison and negotiations with the Client on all matters operational.
- Ensure that the unit fulfils all authority, client and company requirements with regards to the technical standard of the unit its equipment and certification.
- Responsible for the operational management of their assigned unit in accordance with the policies of the Company.
- Responsible for the performance of the drilling unit on behalf of the Client. • Maintain Client Relationships.
- Ensure that the operation of the unit is planned and organised in accordance with established procedures, and that the necessary resources are available.
- Plan and control all financial aspects of the operation within the budget.
- Ensure that compliance with requirements relating to safety, quality and profitability is achieved.
- Supervise all project interfaces within other parts of the Company.
- Ensure that all personnel on board the unit are adequately trained and experienced to perform the tasks they are assigned.
- Ensure that subcontractor evaluation, selection and management is done in accordance with established procedures.
Previous experience as a Rig Manager, managing Semi Submersibles and/or Drillships.
Primary Qualifications / Certification
OPITO BOSIET / FOET CAEBS
IWCF Well Control Supv Level 4
Management of Major Emergencies