Closing Date: September 2019
Stena Drilling is one of the world’s leading companies in the development, construction and operation of offshore drilling rigs and drillships. Our fleet of four ultra-Deepwater drillships and two semi-submersible rigs.
Stena Drilling manages an international drilling operation, based on experience from worldwide projects. Our core values are focused on care, innovation and performance.
The pursuit of these goals looks to ensure positive client relations, exceptional performance within our industry and strives to improve the safety, both to the environment and to all personnel involved.
As a family owned company, we realise the importance of our world class employees in the successful delivery of our safe and efficient drilling operations.
We currently have exciting opportunity for a Hydraulic Engineer, to work on a permanent basis assigned to one of our semi-submersible vessels. Suitable applicants should have experience working on similar Drilling Units, some of the duties and responsibilities will include –
- Must be fully committed to working safely and to accepting responsibility for the safety of fellow crew members.
- Assist Supervisor in identifying jobs which may require a Risk Assessment.
- Participate along with Supervisor in Risk Assessments.
- Competent in the manufacture (crimping) of Hydraulic hose ends.
- Comply with the Company Safety Policy and Permit to Work/Isolation Systems.
- Responsible primarily for the maintenance of hydraulic lift system (where installed), HPU, cranes and other hydraulic deck/drilling equipment. May also be required to give assistance as required by the Chief Engineer in other areas of the Technical Department.
- Must be familiar with hydraulic machinery and systems under their control.
- Monitoring performance of hydraulic equipment in operation on a daily basis.
- Daily supervision of all hydraulic equipment power units, tank levels etc.
- Assist with survey work as required by the Chief Engineer or delegate.
- Advise the Chief Engineer, or delegate, of spare part requirements.
- Report any faults to the Hydraulic Engineer 1.
- Allocate tasks to Assistant Hydraulic Engineer and provide adequate supervision in order to ensure that all such tasks are carried out in a safe and efficient manner.
- Responsible and accountable for the safety of the personnel working under their direction and shall be expected to conduct operations at all times in full compliance with company procedures (SMS)
- Identify and address any violations of procedures concerning personnel under their direction
- Continuous or repeated violations of policies or procedures should be highlighted and brought to the attention of the HoD/OIM-Master
- Comply with the Management of Change Principle
- Actively participate in accident/incident investigations when required
- Any other duties as required by the Hydraulic Engineer 1.
Health, Safety & Environment
- Work according to and promote Stena Drilling’s HS&E Policies and Procedures as well as fully commit to preventing any damage to the environment.
- Responsible and accountable to conduct their tasks in full compliance with Stena Drilling Limited procedures.
- Comply with Stena Drilling procedures for management of risk and Safe Behaviour Programme; ensuring that a suitable and sufficient risk assessment is carried out for all work activities.
- Participate in the STOP system, complete and submit cards after discussions. Monitor and coach crew members to participate in STOP and carry out STOP audits.
- Promote Stena Drilling’s “Golden Rules” and the rig’s “House Rules” during team discussions.
- Attend and participate in Tool Box Talks and After Action Reviews.
- Ensure work site is safe and that all tools used are in a satisfactory condition.
- Ensure that storage, handling and use of chemicals are done in accordance with procedures.
- Ensure equipment is secured to prevent movement due to wind or rig motion.
- Ensure familiar with correct use, type and location of all Oil Spill Equipment.
- Undertake training onshore and offshore to comply with the Training Matrix.
- Complete Stena Drilling’s Competence Assurance Scheme within 12 months of being assigned.