Location: Houston, Texas
Closing Date: October 2019
Stena Drilling are one of the world’s leading companies in the development, construction and operation of offshore drilling rigs and drillships. Our fleet of four ultra-Deepwater drillships and two semi-submersible rigs, have operations located worldwide.
We currently have a new and exciting permanent opportunity for an Assistant Buyer, to form part of our new business unit in the USA, based in Houston, Texas. The main duties and responsibilities will include, but not be limited to –
- To work in accordance with the Company and Department’s Objectives and Procedures.
- To assist with procuring, hire or repair of goods, materials and services for use within or by Stena Drilling as directed by the Senior Buyer.
- To review Field Requisitions received to ensure that they are properly authorised and correct in accordance with Department Procedures.
- To ensure correct Certification is supplied where necessary.
- To ensure all returns from rig are actioned in a timely manner.
- To ensure all equipment for repair is sent to supplier and weekly updates are obtained on status of repair.
- To ensure rental equipment is given priority when returning to supplier.
- To satisfy the requirement of the requestor in a timely and cost effective manner – to negotiate with suppliers for best possible price and lead times.
- To ensure all urgent requisitions are actioned in a timely manner and all concerned are aware of status.
- To ensure the urgent equipment spreadsheet is kept up to date & distributed to all concerned on a regular basis.
- To maintain good communications with requisitioners and to ensure that they are appraised of requisition status.
- To adhere to our ‘Approved Supplier’ procedure, no suppliers to be added without approval of the Senior Buyer and the Procurement Manager.
- Ensure electronic document filing system is maintained and kept up to date on a daily basis.
- Adhere to approval levels as per current company Power Reserve List.
- Assist Senior Buyer with Global and Local Frame Agreements.
- Expedite Open Purchase Orders and Invoices as directed.
- Resolve invoice discrepancies or Purchase Order changes required verifying any additional costs or changes required are accurate and correct.
- General Procurement administration.
- Any other duties as required by the Senior Buyer.
Suitable applicants should ideally have –
- Minimum High School Education, preferability College/University qualification
- Good administrative skills, including the use of various computer systems
- Suitable experience within the Oil & Gas industry, in a similar role
- Good Communication skills & time management skills
- Positive ‘service attitude’
- Systematic & conscientious approach to work
- Excellent Attention to detail
- Excellent Organisation qualities
- Commercial awareness
- Preferred knowledge of drilling industry & associated equipment