Closing Date: December 2020
At Stena Drilling we operate our business with a focus on our core values of Care, Innovation and Performance. With a worldwide operational presence, we are one of the world’s foremost independent drilling contractors leading the way in offshore innovation and realise the importance of our world-class employees in the successful delivery of our safe, innovative, and efficient operations.
We currently have exciting opportunities for Cyber Assistant Driller’s to join our team. Some of the duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Control of all operations performed under their supervision ensuring they are carried out in a safe and efficient manner.
- Responsible for ensuring the Floorman and Derrickman are correctly deployed for ongoing and upcoming operations, and that they are familiar with the equipment in use and its safe operation.
- Verifying the position of the valves on all circuits and on the choke manifold at the beginning of their shift.
- Ensure Daily Inspection of Derrick/Mast is performed.
- Ensure drilling operations are carried out as defined in the approved Operator’s Instructions and Drilling Programme, and the operations are executed in accordance with Stena’s Drilling Operation Manual and RSWMs.
- Responsible for ensuring the Drilling Crew perform Planned Maintenance on drilling equipment thoroughly and timely, and that it is recorded on the PM sheets.
- Carry out daily checks to include ensuring the choke manifold is properly lined up for the current operation.
- Carry out derrick inspections and Dropped Object Checks thoroughly and timely, documenting the results and ensuring any anomalies are reported and rectified.
- Complete sections of Daily Drilling Reports as directed by the Driller.
- Calculate and record drilling line ton miles.
- Complete casing check lists.
- Maintain an accurate pipe tally.
- Maintain an accurate and complete record of all equipment which enters the well.
- Update the pre-kick sheet.
Suitable Applicants should ideally have but not limited to –
- Previous operational experience on a 6th Generation, Deep Water Drilling Drillship
- Previous experience of Managed Pressure Drilling
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and supervisory skills
- Valid IWCF Well Control Level 3 Certificate