Assistant Marine Superintendent
Location: Base - Aberdeen
Closing Date: September 2019
Assistant Marine Superintendent - Base, Aberdeen
Stena Drilling Ltd currently have a new and exciting opportunity for an Assistant Marine Superintendent, to join our team in Aberdeen, on a permanent basis. Reporting to the Marine Manager, some of the duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to;
- Assisting the Marine Manager in ensuring that all company units are operating within the requirements of applicable legislation, industry best marine practices and that all marine operations are conducted in full compliance with the company SMS.
- Assist in ensuring that the company units fulfil all authority, Client and Company requirements, with regards to the Marine standard of the unit, its equipment and that the unit’s statutory certification is kept in date
- Assist in ensuring that all Marine personnel onboard the units are adequately trained, experienced and certificated to perform the tasks they are assigned.
- Assist in the review of Marine Operations, research programmes and information supplied by our Clients/Operators.
- Sit on various industry committees and organizations representing Stena in the progression of best industry practice.
- Working with Stena Engineering Department to assist with vessel projects and SPSs.
- Working with Stena design team on mooring integrity and structural innovations.
- Be focused on the continuing development of Dynamic Positioning within the offshore industry and ensure Stena Vessels are surpassing current industry standards.
- In conjunction with the Operator and Stena Drilling Management, assist in the planning and control of current and future Marine operations.
- Exercise effective planning and communication of any foreseen problems with future and present Marine projects and operations.
- Preparation of monthly reports regarding Marine Operations.
- Conduct compliance audits and or surveys on company units and support vessels as required.
- Assist in the investigation of marine related HSE and operational incidents on the company units and formulate measures to prevent reoccurrence.
- Ensure that new Marine technology within the Drilling Industry is passed on to Stena Drilling Senior Management. Ensure that in-depth research is carried out on all known Marine equipment, deficiencies or malfunctions of machinery, safety critical machinery and systems within the Drilling Industry.
- Act a Deputy Company Security Officer and Deputy DPA as required.
- Assist in the selection and recruitment of Marine Personnel
- Liaise with Flag State Authorities and ensure vessel compliance with Flag rules.
Suitable applicants shall ideally have –
- STCW – Certificate of Competency
- DP Experience
- Suitable Offshore Experience in a senior managerial role.
- Experience of UK Maritime Law
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of offshore marine matters and best practices as related to both DP and moored units
- Good Microsoft Office Skills
- SPS Experience
- ISM Auditing Experience
- OVID / CMID Background
- Previously worked onshore in similar role
- Previous experience on a Stena Drilling Unit
- Experience as an offshore consultant / Surveyor
- Attention to detail – a structured approach to management of inspection and audits
- Knowledge of Safety cases, vessels acceptance audits and inspections