Assistant Subsea Engineer
Closing Date: January 2020
Assistant Subsea Engineer We currently have an exciting opportunity, for Assistant Subsea Engineer to join one of our four 6th Generation Drillship’s. Some of the duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to;
Roles & Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Assist with the correct assembly, operation, maintenance, testing and disconnection of the subsea blowout preventer, marine riser and related equipment.
- Maintain and repair heave compensating equipment.
- Maintain subsea running and retrieving tools and supervise the running and retrieving of all subsea equipment.
- Maintain Planned Maintenance requirements in area of responsibility.
- Assist Senior Subsea Engineer / Subsea Engineer with ensuring all subsea equipment conforms to vessel’s class and applicable API requirements.
- Ensure all modifications, breakdowns, scheduled and unscheduled maintenance of subsea equipment has been entered into the maintenance system. Ensure system equipment details and maintenance procedures are relevant and up to date.
- Ensure good housekeeping in area of responsibility.
- Assist with preparation of BOP test reports.
- Participate in operational meetings.
- Consult with the Senior Subsea Engineer / Subsea Engineer regarding the operations forecast.
- Carry out other duties as directed by Senior Subsea Engineer / Subsea Engineer.
- Complete work log / shift handover daily.
- Complete a documented end-of-tour handover in line with Stena Drilling’s Handover / Reporting Procedure.
- Ensure the appropriate barriers are in place and the relative announcement made on the PA system prior to the commencement of critical operations.
Qualifications and Experience Essential
- Industry recognised engineering qualifications.
- Previous experience as Trainee Subsea Engineer / Assistant Subsea Engineer.
- Previous experience with Cameron TL BOP / MK III MUX systems.
- Ability to read technical drawings.
- IWCF Well Control Certificate.