Assistant Subsea Engineer
Closing Date: December 2020
At Stena Drilling we operate our business with a focus on our core values of Care, Innovation and Performance. With a worldwide operational presence, we are one of the world’s foremost independent drilling contractors leading the way in offshore innovation and realise the importance of our world-class employees in the successful delivery of our safe, innovative, and efficient operations.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Subsea Engineer to join our team. Some of the duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Assist with the correct assembly, operation, maintenance, testing and disconnection of the subsea blowout preventer, marine riser and related equipment.
- Maintain and repair heave compensating equipment.
- Maintain subsea running and retrieving tools and supervise the running and retrieving of all subsea equipment.
- Ensure planned maintenance is carried out per Senior Subsea Engineer/Subsea Engineer instructions.
- Ensure all modifications, breakdowns, scheduled and unscheduled maintenance of subsea equipment has been entered into the Maximo system. Ensure Maximo system equipment details and maintenance procedures are relevant and up to date.
- Calculate ton cycles for tensioner wires (if applicable), implementing and recording slip and cut programme.
- Prepare BOP test reports.
- Be aware of Contract and Re Bills relating to Subsea Equipment.
- Consult with the Senior Subsea Engineer/Subsea Engineer regarding the operations forecast.
- Complete a documented end-of-tour handover in line with Stena Drilling’s Handover/Reporting Procedure.
Suitable Applicants should ideally have:
- An Industry recognised engineering qualification.
- IWCF Well Control Driller Level 3
- Willingness to increase and share knowledge.
- Demonstrate high level of professionalism, flexibility and positivity.
- Previous experience with similar subsea systems.