Assistant Subsea Engineer
Closing Date: September 2018
Stena Drilling is one of the world’s leading companies in the development, construction and operation of offshore drilling rigs and drillships. Our fleet of four ultra-Deepwater drillships and Three semi-submersible rigs.
Stena Drilling manages an international drilling operation, based on experience from worldwide projects. Our core values are focused on care, innovation and performance.
The pursuit of these goals looks to ensure positive client relations, exceptional performance within our industry and strives to improve the safety, both to the environment and to all personnel involved.
As a family owned company, we realise the importance of our world class employees in the successful delivery of our safe and efficient drilling operations.
Roles & Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
· Assist with the correct assembly, operation, maintenance, testing and disconnection of the subsea blowout preventer, marine riser and related equipment.
· Maintain and repair heave compensating equipment.
· Maintain subsea running and retrieving tools and supervise the running and retrieving of all subsea equipment.
· Maintain Planned Maintenance requirements in area of responsibility
· Ensure all subsea equipment conforms to vessel’s class and applicable API requirements
· Ensure all modifications, breakdowns, scheduled and unscheduled maintenance of subsea equipment has been entered into the TAG system. Ensure TAG system equipment details and maintenance procedures are relevant and up to date.
· Ensure the installation has adequate supplies for the maintenance of subsea equipment.
· Ensure good housekeeping in area of responsibility.
· Calculate ton cycles for tensioner wires (if applicable), implementing and recording slip and cut programme.
· Prepare BOP test reports.
· Be aware of Contract and Re Bills relating to Subsea Equipment.
· Ensure Level 5 (RSWMs) are fully updated with current work practices and in accordance with SMS.
· Participate in operational meetings.
· Consult with the Senior Subsea Engineer / Subsea Engineer regarding the operations forecast.
· Complete work log on a daily basis.
· Complete a documented end-of-tour handover in line with Stena Drilling’s Handover / Reporting Procedure.
· Ensure the appropriate barriers are in place and the relative announcement made on the PA system prior to the commencement of critical operations.
· Notify the Toolpusher prior to the commencement of any man riding operations.
Health, Safety & Environment
· Work according to and promote Stena Drilling’s HS&E Policies and Procedures as well as fully commit to preventing any damage to the environment.
· Responsible and accountable to conduct their tasks in full compliance with Stena Drilling Limited procedures.
· Comply with Stena Drilling procedures for management of risk and Safe Behaviour Programme; ensuring that a suitable and sufficient risk assessment is carried out for all work activities.
· Participate in the STOP system, complete and submit cards after discussions. Monitor and coach crew members to participate in STOP and carry out STOP audits.
· Promote Stena Drilling’s “Golden Rules” and the rig’s “House Rules” during team discussions.
· Attend and participate in Tool Box Talks and After Action Reviews.
· Ensure work site is safe and that all tools used are in a satisfactory condition.
· Ensure that storage, handling and use of chemicals are done in accordance with procedures.
· Ensure equipment is secured to prevent movement due to wind or rig motion.
· Ensure familiar with correct use, type and location of all Oil Spill Equipment.
· Comply with Stena Drilling’s waste segregation policy.
· Undertake training onshore and offshore to comply with the Training Matrix.
· Complete Stena Drilling’s Competence Assurance Scheme within 12 months of being assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
|Qualifications||Industry recognised engineering qualifications.||IWCF Well Control Certificate|
|Experience||Previous experience as Trainee Subsea Engineer.||Previous experience with similar subsea systems.|
|Special Aptitudes||Self-motivated.||Ability to read technical drawings.|