Barge Engineer 1
Closing Date: December 2020
At Stena Drilling we operate our business with a focus on our core values of Care, Innovation and Performance. With a worldwide operational presence, we are one of the world’s foremost independent drilling contractors leading the way in offshore innovation and realise the importance of our world-class employees in the successful delivery of our safe, innovative, and efficient operations.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Barge Engineer to join our team. Some of the duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Manage the safe efficient running of the Marine Department as directed by Barge Master.
- Deputises for Barge Master in the event that the Barge Master becomes incapacitated.
- Supervision of the Bosun, Crane Operator, Control Room Operator, Radio Operator, (and DP) during shift.
- On Scene Commander during an emergency.
- Supervise stability, stability calculations and ballast operations, and maintain the watertight integrity.
- To maintain the bulk system ready for use.
- Maintain marine planned maintenance including all marine, firefighting, and lifesaving equipment.
- Allocate tasks to Senior D.P.O. (DP Vessels), Control Room Operator (Semi-Submersibles) and provide adequate supervision in order to ensure that all such tasks are carried out in a safe and efficient manner.
- Responsible and accountable for the safety of the personnel working under their direction and shall be expected to conduct operations at all times in full compliance with company procedures (SMS)
Suitable Applicants should ideally have:
- Valid Marine Class 2 (Chief Mates) Certificate of Competency or entitlement to obtain UK Class 2 (Chief Mate) Certificate of Equivalent Competency,
- Unlimited DP Certificates & Stability 3 Certificate.
- Experience working with Kongsberg DP Systems, knowledge of FEMA’s and Sea Trials.
- Vast experience in supervising and managing marine department offshore.
- Ability to decision make when under pressure.
- Ability to develop positive working relationships with head of departments offshore, onshore and with clients.
- Experience in coaching, developing and mentoring crew.
- Demonstrate high level of professionalism, proactivity & positivity.