Business Intelligence Developer
Location: Base - Aberdeen
Closing Date: October 2019
Stena Drilling Ltd have a newly created position, for a Business Intelligence Developer, to join our Digital & Transformation Team. The Business Intelligence Developer is responsible for the creation of dashboarding & analytical content across Stena Drilling Ltd. This includes the creation of content within Power BI as well as designing & implementing content within 3rd party hosted systems. In addition, the Business Intelligence Developer will manage the data architecture within Azure to make best use of our digital commodities.
Some of the roles & responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Translating business requirements into technical specifications
- Designing, building & deploying analytical content
- Maintaining & supporting the Stena Drilling Data Architecture within Azure
- Creating visualisations and reports for requested projects
- Inputting to effective testing strategies to ensure testing is robust and documented
- Design & implement interfaces with third party systems
- Design & implement effective database solutions and models to store & retrieve company data
- Identifying Data Liberation & Data Stewardship opportunities
- Preparing accurate database design and architecture reports for management & executive teams
- Documenting best practice procedures
- Creating training material, organise and host lunch & learn sessions
- Work with project stakeholders (internal & external) to ensure project delivery meets stakeholder expectations.
- Assisting project teams with effective Agile, Scrum & DevOps practices.
Suitable applicants should know how to examine new system requirements and implement data migration models, and have experience developing & deploying content within Azure & Power BI, web service/socket Interfacing and data modelling (SQL & NoSQL) The ideal candidate will also have proven experience in data analytics, with excellent problem-solving abilities, and be educated in Computer Science (BSc).