Cash Management Accountant
Location: Base - Aberdeen
Closing Date: July 2019
Stena Drilling is one of the world’s leading companies in the development, construction and operation of offshore drilling rigs and drillships. Our fleet of four ultra-Deepwater drillships and two semi-submersible rigs.
Stena Drilling manages an international drilling operation, based on experience from worldwide projects. Our core values are focused on care, innovation and performance.
The pursuit of these goals looks to ensure positive client relations, exceptional performance within our industry and strives to improve the safety, both to the environment and to all personnel involved.
As a family owned company, we realise the importance of our world class employees in the successful delivery of our safe and efficient drilling operations.
We currently have new opportunity, for Cash Management Accountant to join our team, based in Aberdeen.
Roles & Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for ensuring that the daily operations of the Cash and Treasury function are efficiently managed.
- Responsible for maintaining bank accounts on a daily basis for UK and overseas companies.
- Responsible for posting all bank and cash journals and reconciling all bank accounts on a monthly basis.
- Responsible for initiating and coding all cash payments including cheque payments and electronic payments.
- Responsible for administering all currencies held on site as petty cash, including a monthly reconciliation of movements to cash on hand.
- To control all direct debits and standing orders.
- Ensuring sufficient funds in place to meet forecast payments on a weekly basis.
- Assisting in quarterly submission of group finance reporting and cash flow analysis specific to companies assigned to his / her control.
- Assisting in preparation of necessary documentation to aide both statutory and regulatory audits for all applicable group companies.
Suitable applicants shall ideally hold –
- Relevant experience in accounting procedures including journal input, account reconciliation and double entry and cost management.
- Strong aptitude for Microsoft Excel
- Experience of Agresso/Unit4BW would be beneficial
- Desirable to hold an Accounting Qualification