Location: Base - Aberdeen
Closing Date: January 2020
At Stena Drilling we operate our business with a focus on our core values of Care, Innovation and Performance. With a worldwide operational presence, we are one of the world’s foremost independent drilling contractors, and pride ourselves in leading the way in Digitalisation.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Data Architect to join our Digitalisation and Transformation Team, based in Aberdeen. The Data Architect is responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining the Stena DigiMAX™ data platform. Fundamentally you will be responsible for architecting a cloud-based data platform using a wide range of the Azure Services including Azure Databricks, Azure SQL Database, Azure Data Lake Storage, Azure Synapse, Azure Cosmos DB, Azure Data Factory, Azure Service Bus and Azure Blob storage. Some of the other duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Develop solutions to store and retrieve company master data.
- Install and configure Azure services.
- Develop ETL/data ingestion tools to bring data to the platform.
- Design data models which integrate master data.
- Design and implement interfaces to make data accessible.
- Define security and backup procedures in co-ordination with IT.
- Work as part of a team to develop the overall solution architecture for BI/Analytics and data-centric business solutions and client facing applications.
- Participate in sprint planning, estimating stories, providing solutions, and documenting acceptance criteria.
- Create effective documentation to support development practices.
- Design data flows in coordination with the Azure BI/Power BI analytics team.
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring for Azure BI/Power BI analytics team, defining standards and practices.
- Assist project teams with effective Agile, Scrum, and DevOps practices.
- Any other duties as required by the Digitalisation & Business Transformation Manager.
Suitable applicants should ideally have but not limited to –
- Experience of creating Microsoft Azure Cloud platform solutions.
- Experience of leading data migrations to the cloud.
- Working knowledge of data modelling tools.
- Working in an Agile Scrum environment.
- Good knowledge of Azure Services including Azure Databricks, Azure SQL Database, Azure Data Lake Storage, Azure Cosmos DB, Azure Data Factory, Azure Service Bus, Azure Blob storage and Power BI.
- Knowledge of deployment orchestration and configuration management tools (Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, Terraform, Kubernetes).
- BSc/ BA in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Data Engineer Associate.
Apply today to join us on our digitalisation transformation. Change is good……….. transformation is better.