Closing Date: April 2019
Stena Drilling is one of the world’s leading companies in the development, construction and operation of offshore drilling rigs and drillships. Our fleet of four ultra-Deepwater drillships and Three semi-submersible rigs.
Stena Drilling manages an international drilling operation, based on experience from worldwide projects. Our core values are focused on care, innovation and performance.
The pursuit of these goals looks to ensure positive client relations, exceptional performance within our industry and strives to improve the safety, both to the environment and to all personnel involved.
As a family owned company, we realise the importance of our world class employees in the successful delivery of our safe and efficient drilling operations.
We currently have exciting opportunities for a Derrickman, to work on a permanent basis assigned to one of our 6th Generation Deepwater Drillships.
Suitable applicants should have experience working on similar Cyber Drilling Units, preferably a Drillship, in the role of Derrickman. Some of the duties and responsibilities will include –
- Execute instructions from the Driller, Assistant Driller and trainee driller where applicable.
- Ensure full understanding of the safe operation of equipment in the derrick/setback area/DHT.
- Work in the derrick/setback area as instructed by the Driller.
- Performs any work in the derrick/setback area such as measuring drill string, grease equipment, etc.
- Has to inform the Driller of any defects found in the derrick/setback area or of any hazardous situations.
- Carry out derrick inspections and Dropped Object Checks thoroughly and timely, document the results and ensure any anomalies are reported.
- Responsible for performing Planned Maintenance on drilling equipment thoroughly and timely and recording it on the PM sheets as delegated by Assistant Driller or Trainee Driller where applicable.
- Carry out regular checks on pump room equipment and replace expendable parts as required.
- Maintains the mud pumps and repairs them when necessary.
- Maintains the shale shaker, desander, mud cleaner and centrifuge.
- Responsible for maintaining a high standard of housekeeping in their areas of work.
- Record mud pump running hours.
- Monitor mud pit levels and record drilling fluid properties as instructed by the Driller.
- Responsible for any transfer of mud or other well bore fluids.
- Treat the drilling fluid as instructed by the Mud Engineer.
- Allocate tasks to Floorman and provide adequate supervision in order to ensure that all such tasks are carried out in a safe and efficient manner.
- Responsible and accountable for the safety of the personnel working under their direction and shall be expected to conduct operations at all times in full compliance with company procedures (SMS).
- Identify and address any violations of procedures concerning personnel under their direction.
- Continuous or repeated violations of policies or procedures should be highlighted and brought to the attention of the HoD/Master-OIM.
- Comply with the Management of Change Principle.
- Actively participate in accident/incident investigations when required.
Health, Safety & Environment
- Work according to and promote Stena Drilling’s HS&E Policies and Procedures as well as fully commit to preventing any damage to the environment.
- Responsible and accountable to conduct their tasks in full compliance with Stena Drilling Limited procedures.
- Comply with Stena Drilling procedures for management of risk and Safe Behaviour Programme; ensuring that a suitable and sufficient risk assessment is carried out for all work activities.
- Participate in the STOP system, complete and submit cards after discussions. Monitor and coach crew members to participate in STOP and carry out STOP audits.
- Promote Stena Drilling’s “Golden Rules” and the rig’s “House Rules” during team discussions.
- Attend and participate in Tool Box Talks and After Action Reviews.
- Ensure work site is safe and that all tools used are in a satisfactory condition.
- Ensure that storage, handling and use of chemicals are done in accordance with procedures.
- Ensure equipment is secured to prevent movement due to wind or rig motion.
- Ensure familiar with correct use, type and location of all Oil Spill Equipment.
- Comply with Stena Drilling’s waste segregation policy.