Closing Date: December 2020
At Stena Drilling we operate our business with a focus on our core values of Care, Innovation and Performance. With a worldwide operational presence, we are one of the world’s foremost independent drilling contractors leading the way in offshore innovation and realise the importance of our world-class employees in the successful delivery of our safe, innovative, and efficient operations.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Derrickman to join our team. Some of the duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Execute instructions from the Driller, Assistant Driller and Junior Driller where applicable.
- Ensure full understanding of the safe operation of equipment in the derrick/setback area/DHT.
- Work in the derrick/setback area as instructed by the Driller.
- Perform any work in the derrick/setback area such as measuring drill string, grease equipment, etc.
- Inform the Driller of any defects found in the derrick/setback area or of any hazardous situations.
- Carry out derrick inspections and Dropped Object Checks thoroughly and timely, document the results and ensure any anomalies are reported.
- Responsible for performing Planned Maintenance on drilling equipment thoroughly and timely and recording it on the PM sheets as delegated by Assistant Driller or Trainee Driller where applicable.
- Carry out regular checks on pump room equipment and replace expendable parts as required.
- Maintain the mud pumps, the shale shaker, desander, mud cleaner and centrifuge
- Record mud pump running hours.
- Monitor mud pit levels and record drilling fluid properties as instructed by the Driller.
- Responsible for any transfer of mud or other well bore fluids.
- Allocate tasks to Floorman and provide adequate supervision in order to ensure that all such tasks are carried out in a safe and efficient manner.
- Responsible and accountable for the safety of the personnel working under their direction and shall be expected to conduct operations at all times in full compliance with company procedures (SMS).
- Ensure equipment is secured to prevent movement due to wind or rig motion.
Suitable Applicants should ideally have:
- Previous experience as a Derrickman
- Valid IWCF Well Control Level 3 Certificate
- Previous operational experience on a 6th Generation, Deep Water Drilling Drillship
- Previous experience with Managed Pressure Drilling