Desktop Support Engineer
Location: Base - Aberdeen
Closing Date: April 2020
Stena Drilling is one of the world’s leading companies in the development, construction and operation of offshore drilling rigs and drillships. Our fleet of four ultra-Deepwater drillships and two semi-submersible rigs.
Stena Drilling manages an international drilling operation, based on experience from worldwide projects. Our core values are focused on care, innovation and performance.
The pursuit of these goals looks to ensure positive client relations, exceptional performance within our industry and strives to improve the safety, both to the environment and to all personnel involved.
As a family owned company, we realise the importance of our world-class employees in the successful delivery of our safe and efficient drilling operations.
We currently have a new and exciting opportunity for a Desktop Service Engineer to join our team based in Aberdeen. Some of the duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Work within IT strategy in support of the company’s mission and core objectives.
- Participate in the development of technical documentation for end user procedures.
- Perform installation, setup, configuration, migration, upgrading and maintenance of desktop devices, peripherals, and mobile devices.
- Assist with internal moves.
- Diagnose and resolve 1st line technical issues.
- Be responsive and pro-active when handling end-user PC problems and requests.
- Escalate 2nd/3rd line technical issues as appropriate.
- Respond to automated system/monitoring tool alerts.
- Undertake small IT projects as required.
- Participate in delivery of user workshops.
- Updating of incidents handled in the incident management tool.
- Occasional travel to offshore units and offices.
- Any other duties as required by the IT Manager.
- Participate in on-call and shift rotas.
- Implement IT Changes in line with the IT Change Management Procedure (L2-DOC-IT-5892).
- Maintain high level of awareness in IT, Information, and Cyber Security and provide information and advice to others as necessary.
- Work with elevated account privileges and permissions in line with documented procedures.
- Attend relevant training courses as identified and follow up with exams/qualifications if available.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Professional Qualification in IT
- 3 Highers
- Experience in the support of:
- Microsoft Windows
- Office 365
- Desktop Applications
- Remote Users
- Desktop/Laptop hardware
- IT phones
- Print/scan devices
- Apple Mobile Accessories
- Experience in the use of:
- OS Imaging products
- Active Directory
- Microsoft Windows Server
- Demonstrates a personal commitment to a positive working environment
- Organizational qualities
- Communication and presentation skills
- Effective team work
- Logical approach to problem solving
- Commitment to professional service delivery
- Willingness to learn and share knowledge
- Apprenticeship in IT (SCQF Level 6) or equivalent
- Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST) certification
- Certifications Preferred (MCP, MCIPT, ITIL Foundation)
- Offshore IT support.
- Meeting room AV/videoconference support
- Server hardware support
- Interest in technology trends