Closing Date: December 2020
At Stena Drilling we operate our business with a focus on our core values of Care, Innovation and Performance. With a worldwide operational presence, we are one of the world’s foremost independent drilling contractors leading the way in offshore innovation and realise the importance of our world-class employees in the successful delivery of our safe, innovative, and efficient operations.
We currently have exciting opportunities for Cyber Driller’s to join our team. Some of the duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Control all Drilling Operations performed during their shift in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ensure the drilling operation is carried out as defined in the approved Operator’s Instructions and Drilling Programme, and the operation is executed in accordance with Stena’s Drilling Operation Manual and RSWMs.
- Seek continuous KPI improvements as per the KPI efficiency programme where applicable.
- Report directly to the Toolpusher any deviations from approved Operator’s Instructions or Drilling Programme.
- Responsible for ensuring the Drilling Crew perform Planned Maintenance on drilling equipment thoroughly and that it is recorded on the PM sheets.
- Responsible for all lifting activities on the assigned well centre or area.
- Ensure that the daily checks are carried out on drilling equipment.
- Check the accuracy of drilling line ton mile record, where applicable.
- Check instructions, programmes and calculations supplied by Operator.
- Maintain an accurate pipe tally.
- Maintain an accurate and complete record of all equipment which enters the well.
- Monitor the well at all times and record volumes when tripping.
- Act as co-ordinator during well test operations and maintains a valve status board.
- Solely responsible for shutting the well in when circumstances dictate.
- Maintain a current kick sheet and update Slow Circulating Rate (SCR) record at least each shift in line with Stena Drilling’s Well Control Procedures.
- Allocate tasks to Assistant Driller and Junior Driller where applicable and provide adequate supervision in order to ensure that all such tasks are carried out in a safe and efficient manner.
Suitable Applicants should ideally have but not limited to –
- Previous operational experience on a 6th Generation, Deep Water Drilling Drillship
- Previous experience of Managed Pressure Drilling
- Valid IWCF Well Control Driller Level 3
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and supervisory skills