Closing Date: June 2019
Stena Drilling is one of the world’s leading companies in the development, construction and operation of offshore drilling rigs and drillships. Our fleet of four ultra-Deepwater drillships and two semi-submersible rigs.
Stena Drilling manages an international drilling operation, based on experience from worldwide projects. Our core values are focused on care, innovation and performance.
The pursuit of these goals looks to ensure positive client relations, exceptional performance within our industry and strives to improve the safety, both to the environment and to all personnel involved.
As a family owned company, we realise the importance of our world class employees in the successful delivery of our safe and efficient drilling operations.
We currently have a new and exciting opportunity for an Electrician, to join our team. Some of the duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Individually responsible for the safe operation, installation, maintenance, testing and fault finding of all electrical equipment and systems on board.
- Assist the Electrical Supervisor, Chief Electrician or Senior Electrician in identifying jobs which may require a Risk Assessment.
- Undertake duties as allocated or directed by the Electrical Supervisor, Chief Electrician or Senior Electrician.
- Undertake operational maintenance, planned maintenance, installation and repairs on the electrical equipment throughout the rig.
- Deputise for the Chief Electrician or Senior Electrician as required.
- Must be familiar with the electrical equipment and systems in order to restore essential services in emergency situations.
- Ensure that electrical installation, maintenance and repair work is carried out in accordance with the relevant offshore standards and that equipment is fit for purpose.
- Ensure that all Third Party equipment meets requirements of the relevant offshore standards and that equipment is fit for purpose.
- Ensure that all electrical maintenance, repair and installation work is carried out in a timely manner and entered into the planned maintenance system.
- Maintain, repair and install electrical equipment in accordance with the relevant offshore standards and acceptable levels of quality and workmanship.
- Ensure a working knowledge of software control in relation to rig based control and automation systems in accordance with company expectations and procedures.
- Carry out electrical equipment and system isolations.
- Notify the Electrical Supervisor, Chief Electrician or Senior Electrician of any requirements for spare parts, materials or services.
- Report equipment failures and safety related matters to the Electrical Supervisor, Chief Electrician, Senior Electrician and User Departments.
- Communicate all matters concerning the safety and availability of electrical systems or equipment to the Electrical Supervisor, Chief Electrician and Senior Electrician.
- Maintain awareness of power consumption and distribution according to requirements.
- Maintain awareness of dynamic position system operation and configuration according to requirements.
- Any other duties as required by the Electrical Supervisor, Chief Electrician or Senior Electrician.
Health, Safety & Environment
- Work according to and promote Stena Drilling’s HS&E Policies and Procedures as well as fully commit to preventing any damage to the environment.
- Responsible and accountable to conduct their tasks in full compliance with Stena Drilling Limited procedures.
- Comply with Stena Drilling procedures for management of risk and Safe Behaviour Programme; ensuring that a suitable and sufficient risk assessment is carried out for all work activities.
- Participate in the STOP system, complete and submit cards after discussions. Monitor and coach crew members to participate in STOP and carry out STOP audits.
- Promote Stena Drilling’s “Golden Rules” and the rig’s “House Rules” during team discussions.
- Attend and participate in Tool Box Talks and After Action Reviews.
- Ensure work site is safe and that all tools used are in a satisfactory condition.
- Ensure that storage, handling and use of chemicals are done in accordance with procedures.
- Ensure equipment is secured to prevent movement due to wind or rig motion.
- Ensure familiar with correct use, type and location of all Oil Spill Equipment.
- Comply with Stena Drilling’s waste segregation policy.
- Undertake training onshore and offshore to comply with the Training Matrix.
- Complete Stena Drilling’s Competence Assurance Scheme for the position within 12 months, on completion of probationary period.
Qualifications & Experience Essential Qualifications for this role include time served Level 3 Electrician with S/NVQ3 or equivalent with desirable qualification including HNC & HND. Previous experience gained as an Electrician or Electrical Technician on a drilling vessel or unit or within a process or marine environment. Experience High Voltage Systems, MV & LV AC Drives & Control Automation Systems are advantageous.