Electronics Engineer (Subsea, Onshore)
Location: Base - Aberdeen
Closing Date: November 2019
Stena Drilling is one of the world’s leading companies in the development, construction and operation of offshore drilling rigs and drillships. Our fleet of four ultra-Deepwater drillships and two semi-submersible rigs.
Stena Drilling manages an international drilling operation, based on experience from worldwide projects. Our core values are focused on care, innovation and performance.
The pursuit of these goals looks to ensure positive client relations, exceptional performance within our industry and strives to improve the safety, both to the environment and to all personnel involved.
As a family owned company, we realise the importance of our world class employees in the successful delivery of our safe and efficient drilling operations. We currently have a new and exciting opportunity, for an Electronics Engineer (Subsea, Onshore), to join our team in Aberdeen.
The roles & responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Responsible for shore based support relating to BOP.
- Subsea and Well Control Electronic Systems. o Support of Offshore Subsea Electronic Personnel.
- Supervision of repair and maintenance activities relating to subsea electronic equipment and associated topside controls.
- Ensure that equipment failures are properly investigated, root causes identified and remedial action taken in order to ensure reliability.
- Ensure offshore Subsea Personnel are informed of any fleet wide issues, product bulletins and safety alerts.
- Advise on preventative maintenance strategies relating to subsea/surface well control electronic systems.
- Co-ordinate and execute BOP/Well Control System upgrade and modification projects.
Suitable applicants should ideally have understanding or experience in the following:
- Solenoids, actuators, transducers & sensors as utilised in the subsea electronic control systems.
- Components and Instrumentation as utilised for power distribution including transformers, UPS & Batteries.
- Subsea Umbilical cables.
- Subsea electrical cables and connectors.
- Delivery execution of subsea electronics projects and upgrades.
- Previous experience in the design review, maintenance and troubleshooting of Electronic control systems.
- Bachelor of Engineering in Electronic Engineering or equivalent.
- Membership of a Professional Institute & working towards Incorporated/Chartered Status.
- Previous experience in the design, review, maintenance and troubleshooting of subsea electronic control systems, potentially ROV systems.