Location: Houston, Texas
Closing Date: October 2019
Stena Drilling are one of the world’s leading companies in the development, construction and operation of offshore drilling rigs and drillships. Our fleet of four ultra-Deepwater drillships and two semi-submersible rigs, have operations located worldwide.
We currently have a new and exciting permanent opportunity for a General Manager, to form part of our new business unit in the USA, based in Houston, Texas. The main duties and responsibilities will include, but not be limited to –
- General Manager has overall responsibility for all activities performed by the Company
- The General Manager is the formal contact point between the Company and outside organisations, including government bodies, and the general public. The General Manager is also responsible for general relations with clients and other contractors.
- Dealing with all administrative matters at the unit office and base locations.
- Responsible for setting up and maintaining unit office and base (s).
- Responsible for day to day efficient running of the Office
- Responsible for overseeing management of any apartments/cars required for the support of the business and other related supported services.
- Responsible for ensuring that the terms and requirements of any service agreements are strictly adhered to.
- Responsible for the procurement of equipment as required by Clients and expedition of orders as required
- Attend local industry events in order to promote the Company and its Clients
- Liaising and interfacing with local and Head Office Accounts / Purchasing and Logistic Departments including appointed Freight Forwarder.
- Negotiate and implement local contracts to suit business requirements.
- Manage and Analyze accounting and financial data for local office and base (s).
- Generating reports and preparing presentations.
- Liaising and interfacing with Clients on all local office and base (s) matters.
- Working in accordance with the Company’s objectives and procedures.
- Overseeing Invoicing/Local Purchasing – responsible for receiving and timely processing of all local invoices.
- Responsible for ensuring all equipment is stored and maintained in accordance with Service Agreements and clients requirements including the maintaining of records
- Liaise closely with Clients Technical Department regarding strategic engagement requirements for major Vendors
- Responsible for liaising with local agents for the import/export of Rig or materials and equipment and ensuring the Customs/Forwarding Agent has all correct documentation.
- Ensuring the smooth flow of all documentation between base office and Clients global hub and all other functions associated with the General Manager role.
- Liaising with Clients HR on all issues relating to Visas/Work Permits/Travel for all Clients and 3rd Party Personnel.
- Evaluate performance and productivity of all areas of the business unit.
- Developing and implementing growth and cost saving strategies.
- Any other reasonable task as set by relevant superiors.
Suitable applicants should ideally have –
- Minimum high school education, preferable university Degree in Business Management
- Proven Oil & Gas Background
- Knowledge of Drilling Equipment
- Knowledge of maintenance regimes
- Computer Literate
- Demonstrates a personal commitment to a positive working environment.
- Excellent Organisational Qualities.
- Excellent Communication and Presentation Skills, Personnel Management Skills.