Hydraulic Engineer 2
Closing Date: December 2020
At Stena Drilling we operate our business with a focus on our core values of Care, Innovation and Performance. With a worldwide operational presence, we are one of the world’s foremost independent drilling contractors leading the way in offshore innovation and realise the importance of our world-class employees in the successful delivery of our safe, innovative, and efficient operations.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Hydraulic Engineer 2 to join our team. Some of the duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Must be fully committed to working safely and to accepting responsibility for the safety of fellow crew members.
- Assist Supervisor in identifying jobs which may require a Risk Assessment.
- Participate along with Supervisor in Risk Assessments.
- Competent in the manufacture (crimping) of Hydraulic hose ends.
- Comply with the Company Safety Policy and Permit to Work/Isolation Systems.
- Responsible primarily for the maintenance of hydraulic lift system (where installed), HPU, cranes and other hydraulic deck/drilling equipment. May also be required to give assistance as required by the Chief Engineer in other areas of the Technical Department.
- Must be familiar with hydraulic machinery and systems under their control.
- Monitoring performance of hydraulic equipment in operation on a daily basis.
- Daily supervision of all hydraulic equipment power units, tank levels etc.
- Assist with survey work as required by the Chief Engineer or delegate.
- Advise the Chief Engineer, or delegate, of spare part requirements.
- Report any faults to the Hydraulic Engineer 1
- Responsible and accountable for the safety of the personnel working under their direction and shall always be expected to conduct operations in full compliance with company procedures.
- Identify and address any violations of procedures concerning personnel under their direction
Suitable Applicants should ideally have but not limited to –
- Previous experience as a Hydraulic Engineer on an offshore drilling vessel.
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve effectively.
- Demonstrate high level of professionalism, flexibility and positivity.