Location: Base - Aberdeen
Closing Date: December 2018
Stena Drilling is one of the world’s leading companies in the development, construction and operation of offshore drilling rigs and drillships. Our fleet of four ultra-Deepwater drillships and Three semi-submersible rigs.
Stena Drilling manages an international drilling operation, based on experience from worldwide projects. Our core values are focused on care, innovation and performance.
The pursuit of these goals looks to ensure positive client relations, exceptional performance within our industry and strives to improve the safety, both to the environment and to all personnel involved.
As a family owned company, we realise the importance of our world class employees in the successful delivery of our safe and efficient drilling operations.
We currently have a new and exciting opportunity for a Hydraulics Superintendent (Onshore), to join our team. Some of the duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for ensuring that the maintenance of hydraulic equipment aboard drilling rigs managed by the Company is conducted in accordance with the policies of the Company and in compliance with all statutory requirements.
- Ensure hydraulic equipment on company vessels is being maintained to the standards required by the certifying authorities.
- Liaise with the Subsea Manager and Rig Managers to provide departments with a cost effective operation.
- Assist with the production of written procedures and safety instructions regarding hydraulic equipment, also operation, maintenance and repair of the same.
- Respond to all documentation, reports and other inward data regarding the hydraulic equipment.
- Liaise with the certifying authorities and equipment suppliers regarding equipment failures repairs and renewals.
- Advise on the preparation of hydraulic technical support.
- Monitor the status and effectiveness of planned maintenance schedules to ensure maximum equipment efficiency.
- Assist with the preparation of budgets, costs for all surveys, modifications and projects.
- Assist in maintaining all the unit’s statutory certification in date.
- Ensure office staff and personnel offshore are kept up to date on experience feedback.
- Ensure office staff and personnel offshore are kept aware of safety and technical issues through Fleet Engineering Bulletins and Product Safety Bulletins.
- Investigate new and innovative technology to ensure company vessels continue “Best in Class” operability.
- Communicate and direct with senior offshore hydraulic staff to ensure that all equipment under their control is maintained and operated in a safe manner consistent with current legislation and Company Code of Safe Working Practices.
Health, Safety & Environment
- Demonstrate commitment to the Company’s safety policies through leadership and guidance.
- Must be fully committed to preventing damage to the Environment and shall work in accordance with Stena Drilling’s H S & E Policies and Procedures.
- Undertake training onshore to comply with the Training Matrix.
Qualifications and Experience
Qualifications for this position include a formal Engineering qualification with desirable qualifications including BEng. MSc, HND. Essential experience includes working on hydraulic systems, responsible for directing personnel within this field and previous experience as a Hydraulic Engineer offshore.