Location: Base - Aberdeen
Closing Date: December 2019
Stena Drilling manages international drilling operations, with a fleet of 6 drilling units supported from our headquarters in Aberdeen.
As a care, innovative and performance driven company, we realise the importance of our IT Department in the successful delivery of our safe and efficient drilling operations both offshore & onshore.
We currently have new opportunity, for IT Engineer to join our busy team, based in Aberdeen. Some of the duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to;
- Work within IT strategy in support of the company’s mission and core objectives.
- Assist in the development of IT policies and procedures.
- Server, infrastructure and communications support to all offices and offshore sites.
- Desktop support to all offices and offshore sites.
- Support of telephony, AV & conferencing systems.
- Support of mobile devices (smart phones & tablets).
- Visit offshore units and worldwide shore offices as necessary.
- Monitoring of systems using industry standard tools.
- Evaluating users’ needs and investigate alternative solutions.
- Liaise with 3rd party service providers.
- Provide assistance to IT Project Team as required.
- Run user workshops and training as required.
- Work Order tracking & documentation.
- Participate in on-call and shift rotas.
- Any other duties as required by the IT Manager.
- Implement IT Changes in line with the IT Change Management Procedure (L2-DOC-IT-5892).
- Maintain high level of awareness in IT, Information, and Cyber Security and provide information and advice to others as necessary.
- Work with elevated account privileges and permissions in line with documented procedures.
- Attend relevant training courses as identified, and follow up with exams/qualifications if available.
Qualifications & Experience Essential
- Relevant University Degree
- Professional qualification in IT
- Extensive experience working in an IT role
- Implementing and managing IT projects
- IP Networking (LAN, WAN, & VLAN)
- Microsoft Windows Server and Exchange Server
- Microsoft Windows and Office
- VMware and Storage Systems
- Satellite & WAN Communications, & Acceleration
- Working with, and Monitoring, 3rd parties and contractors
- Demonstrates a personal commitment to a positive working environment
- Organizational qualities
- Communication and presentation skills
- Effective team work
- Logical approach to problem solving
- Commitment to professional service delivery
- Willingness to learn and share knowledge
- ITIL Foundation
- Oil and Gas sector experience & Offshore Survival
- Experience in offshore IT implementations
- SharePoint, SQL Server, Systems Centre, Forefront
- HP Server, Storage, and Networking Hardware
- IP Telephony and Video Conferencing Systems.
- Backup systems