Closing Date: March 2019
Stena Drilling is one of the world’s leading companies in the development, construction and operation of offshore drilling rigs and drillships. Our fleet of four ultra-Deepwater drillships and Three semi-submersible rigs.
Stena Drilling manages an international drilling operation, based on experience from worldwide projects. Our core values are focused on care, innovation and performance.
The pursuit of these goals looks to ensure positive client relations, exceptional performance within our industry and strives to improve the safety, both to the environment and to all personnel involved.
As a family owned company, we realise the importance of our world class employees in the successful delivery of our safe and efficient drilling operations.
We currently have a new and exciting opportunity for a Junior Driller to join the team. Some of the duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Control all Drilling Operations performed during their shift in a safe and efficient manner.
- Responsible for ensuring the Floorman, Derrickman and Assistant Drillers are correctly deployed for ongoing and upcoming operations, and that they are familiar with the equipment in use and its safe operation.
- Execute instructions from the Driller and Toolpusher.
- Ensure the drilling operation is carried out as defined in the approved Operator’s Instructions and Drilling Programme, and the operation is executed in accordance with Stena’s Drilling Operation Manual and RSWMs.
- Responsible for ensuring the Drilling Crew perform Planned Maintenance on drilling equipment thoroughly and timely, and that it is recorded on the PM sheets.
- Carry out daily checks to include ensuring the choke manifold is properly lined up for the current operation.
- Responsible for ensuring good housekeeping in all the drilling areas.
- Complete sections of Daily Drilling Reports as directed by the Driller/Toolpusher.
- Calculate and record drilling line ton miles where applicable.
- Complete casing check lists.
- Check instructions, programmes and calculations supplied by Operator.
- Maintain an accurate pipe tally.
- Maintain an accurate and complete record of all equipment which enters the well.
- Update the pre-kick sheet.
- Maintain a current kick sheet and update Slow Circulating Rate (SCR) record at least each shift in line with Stena Drilling’s Well Control Procedures.
Health, Safety & Environment
- Work according to and promote Stena Drilling’s HS&E Policies and Procedures as well as fully commit to preventing any damage to the environment.
- Responsible and accountable to conduct their tasks in full compliance with Stena Drilling Limited procedures.
- Comply with Stena Drilling procedures for management of risk and Safe Behaviour Programme; ensuring that a suitable and sufficient risk assessment is carried out for all work activities.
- Participate in the STOP system, complete and submit cards after discussions. Monitor and coach crew members to participate in STOP and carry out STOP audits.
- Promote Stena Drilling’s “Golden Rules” and the rig’s “House Rules” during team discussions.
- Attend and participate in Tool Box Talks and After Action Reviews.
- Ensure work site is safe and that all tools used are in a satisfactory condition.
- Ensure that storage, handling and use of chemicals are done in accordance with procedures.
- Ensure equipment is secured to prevent movement due to wind or rig motion.
- Ensure familiar with correct use, type and location of all Oil Spill Equipment.
- Comply with Stena Drilling’s waste segregation policy.
- Undertake training onshore and offshore to comply with the Training Matrix.
- Complete Stena Drilling’s Competence Assurance Scheme within 12 months of being assigned.
|Qualifications||Current IWCF Well Control Certificate (Combined)|
|Experience||Previous experience as an Assistant Driller||Previous experience on a similar installation|
|Good communication skills||Competent in man management|