Closing Date: January 2021
At Stena Drilling we operate our business with a focus on our core values of Care, Innovation and Performance. With a worldwide operational presence, we are one of the world’s foremost independent drilling contractors leading the way in offshore innovation and realise the importance of our world-class employees in the successful delivery of our safe, innovative, and efficient operations.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for Logistics Controller to work on a rotational basis in South America. The position shall be for an initial temporary period of approximately 6 months. Some of the duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- To ensure the smooth running of the purchasing and logistics functions of the Operation and provide support to the Rig Manager.
- Ensure the shore-base contacts list is kept up-to-date and is distributed to all parties.
- Liaise with the Human Resources Department on all crew schedules, and movements to and from the home country to the area of operation.
- Assist the Human Resources Department with personnel immigration and logistics in country.
- Attend all rig medevac’s/casevacs and ensure that the HR Manager & HR Supervisor is informed in a timely manner, where applicable, and that approval is received for medical treatment/hospitalisation repatriation, where necessary.
- Assistant Aberdeen Procurement Officer to purchase/rent requisitioned items/services in compliance with Stena’s Procurement Procedures.
- Assist the Rig Manager in the timely preparation of the shore based budget, if requested.
- Coordinate and provide assistance to Catering Contractors with regards importation and delivery of food & supplies to the rig.
- Provide necessary support to the Onshore Emergency Response Team.
- Maintain records and monitor stock movements from suppliers/vendors to the rig via the tracking system.
- Prepare and provide all manifests to and from the rig and maintain good record of such transactions.
- Maintain records and monitor rig equipment sent for repair/refurbishment from the rig to vendor/suppliers via tracking system.
- Prepare and provide all export documentation such as manifests, commercial invoices and proforma invoices and maintain good record document library of such transactions.
- Responsible for liaising with local agents on the import/export of goods, materials and equipment and ensuring the Customs/Forwarding Agent has all correct documentation. Maintain import/export documentation library of all transactions.
- Manage and maintain the supply base/warehouse and ensure all tools, equipment and materials are stored and documented for tracking in a correct and safe manner.
- Responsible to receipt local in country orders within Company Tag System.
- Conduct regular shorebase material physical count and identify possible surplus equipment/material for sale or scrap..
- Ensure supply base/warehouse staff are aware of, and comply with, all Stena Drilling’s statutory safety requirements.
- Liaise with Aberdeen supply base/warehouse staff to ensure that all good and materials received are adequately packed and carry the proper papers/certification as specified.
- Ensure all transport containers are fit for purpose and lifting slings certification maintained in date.
- Ensure compliance with all Stena frame agreements in purchasing of good/materials subject to approval of Procurement Department.
- Assist Procurement Department with in country supplier identification and set-up as directed.
- Liaise regularly with Rig Managers, Procurement Team, HR and Accounts Department, as well as relevant 3rd Parties.
- Any other duties as required by the Procurement Manager.
Suitable Applicants should ideally have but not limited to –
- Business Management qualification or similar.
- Relevant international Logistical experience, within the oil and gas industry, ideally within drilling.
- Working knowledge of stock control.
- Customs Legislation knowledge.
- Relevant business experience.