Logistics & Field Co-ordinator
Location: Houston, Texas
Closing Date: December 2019
Stena Drilling are one of the world’s leading companies in the development, construction and operation of offshore drilling rigs and drillships. Our fleet of four ultra-Deepwater drillships and two semi-submersible rigs, have operations located worldwide
We currently have a new and exciting permanent opportunity for a Logistics & Field Co-ordinator, to form part of our new business unit in the USA, based in Houston, Texas. The main duties and responsibilities will include, but not be limited to –
- Work in accordance with the company’s objectives and procedures.
- To ensure the smooth logistics functions to support operational requirements the Procurement team and Subsea Leasing Support Engineer.
- Responsible for importing and exporting of goods from/to the USA.
- Ensure Stena Drilling is complaint with all/any USA regulatory requirements for import and export.
- Prepare and provide all import export documentation required by the nominated freight forwarder and maintain good record document library of such transactions.
- Monitor movements of shipments to support the Procurement team and Subsea Leasing Support Engineer.
- Responsible for liaising with local agents on the import/export of goods, materials and equipment and ensuring the Customs/Forwarding Agent has all correct documentation.
- Ensuring goods returned from rig are dealt with promptly and correctly.
- Develop KPI targets for the nominated Freight Forwarder and monitor same.
- Conduct regular Freight Forwarder audits to verify company compliance with local laws and to identify any possible improvements or failings.
- Conduct supplier or yard visits to support the operation as directed.
- Liaise with Aberdeen supply base/warehouse staff to ensure that all movements are correct and tracked.
- Verify and Approve Freight Forwarder Invoices.
- Any other duties as required by the Procurement Manager and General Manager
Suitable applicants should ideally have –
- Minimum High School Education
- International Import and Export experience
- Customs Legislation knowledge
- Relevant business experience
- Sarbanes Oxley Act (SOX).
- ITAR & EAR export.
- Working knowledge of Tariff Codes