Closing Date: January 2021
At Stena Drilling we operate our business with a focus on our core values of Care, Innovation and Performance. With a worldwide operational presence, we are one of the world’s foremost independent drilling contractors leading the way in offshore innovation and realise the importance of our world-class employees in the successful delivery of our safe, innovative, and efficient operations.
Working within a face paced environment, we currently have an exciting opportunity for a Mechanic to join our offshore team.
Some of the duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Must be fully committed to working safely and to working safely and be responsible for the safe working practices of the crew.
- Assist Supervisor in identifying jobs which may require a Risk Assessment.
- Participate along with Supervisor in Risk Assessments.
- Shall undertake duties as allocated or directed by the Chief Engineer/Senior Mechanic.
- Deputise for the Senior Mechanic as required.
- Undertake operational maintenance, planned maintenance and repairs on the mechanical equipment throughout the rig.
- Must be familiar with machinery and systems, so that, in an emergency situation, essential services can safely be restored.
- Performance of watch-keeping duties.
- Ensure that ER logs, propulsion logs and maintenance records are completed as required.
- Advise the Chief Engineer of requirements for spare parts, materials or services.
- Report any faults to the Chief Engineer.
- Any other duties as required by the Chief Engineer.
Suitable Applicants should ideally have:
- 4th Class Motor Certificate of Competency or a recognised qualification in Mechanical Engineering, as a minimum.
- Suitable experience as Rig Mechanic on Semi-submersible units, Drillships or appropriate Marine Engineering experience.