Medic with RGN Qualification
Closing Date: June 2018
Stena Drilling is one of the world’s leading companies in the development, construction and operation of offshore drilling rigs and drillships. Our fleet of four ultra-Deepwater drillships and Three semi-submersible rigs.
Stena Drilling manages an international drilling operation, based on experience from worldwide projects. Our core values are focused on care, innovation and performance.
The pursuit of these goals looks to ensure positive client relations, exceptional performance within our industry and strives to improve the safety, both to the environment and to all personnel involved.
As a family owned company, we realise the importance of our world class employees in the successful delivery of our safe and efficient drilling operations.
Roles & Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Maintain a Register of Dangerous Drugs
• Maintain medical stocks and records as required.
• Conduct training exercises onboard with First Aiders and members of medical emergency team
• Maintain a Confidential Medical Log
• Maintain and submit Injury Reports
• Carry out hygiene inspections with Master / OIM on minimum weekly basis.
• Assist Administrator if not applicable then Radio Operator in the movement of personnel arriving and departing installation, assist in helicopter briefings, baggage weights etc.
• Perform additional duties as deemed necessary by the Master / OIM, providing those duties do not impede or restrict on medical duties
• Provides clinical care for personnel onboard and refer cases to company doctor whenever necessary. Monitors the general health of the crew, including respiratory and skin screening and advises Master / OIM. on occupational health matters
• Maintain the COSHH SYPOL data base. Carry out COSHH assessments. Liaise with departments to maintain up to date COSHH register and assessments.
• Assist the Safety Officer as necessary to ensure that all new personnel to the unit are given a full Safety Induction.
• Maintain all medical emergency equipment onboard including; Stretchers, First Aid boxes, Eyewash Stations and Emergency Hospitals.
• Health surveillance of all personnel exposed to hazardous substances during their period of work onboard installation.
• Resp/Skin/Ears/Eyes/ and exposure to Hand Arm Vibration (HAV) tools. Any identified occupational health problems to be referred to the onshore Occupational Health Doctor.
• Promotion of General Health & Wellbeing through national & local health promotion
activities. Provision of available health information and leaflets to personnel onboard.
• Daily testing of POT water onboard for Temperature/Chlorine Levels/Smell/Appearance &
taste with discrepancies reported to Chief Engineer. PH and Conductivity can also be carried
out where required by local guidance.
• Testing of all bunkered water brought onboard installation for the above criteria.
• Carry out as a minimum, quarterly water samples for Bacterial, Chemical and Legionella
Health, Safety & Environment
• Work according to and promote Stena Drilling’s HS&E Policies and Procedures as well as
fully commit to preventing any damage to the environment.
• Responsible and accountable to conduct their tasks in full compliance with Stena Drilling
• Comply with Stena Drilling procedures for management of risk and Safe Behaviour
Programme; ensuring that a suitable and sufficient risk assessment is carried out for all
• Participate in the STOP system, complete and submit cards after discussions. Monitor and
coach crew members to participate in STOP and carry out STOP audits.
• Promote Stena Drilling’s “Golden Rules” and the rig’s “House Rules” during team
• Attend and participate in Tool Box Talks and After Action Reviews.
• Ensure work site is safe and that all tools used are in a satisfactory condition.
• Ensure that storage, handling and use of chemicals are done in accordance with
• Ensure equipment is secured to prevent movement due to wind or rig motion.
• Ensure familiar with correct use, type and location of all Oil Spill Equipment.
• Comply with Stena Drilling’s waste segregation policy.
Primary Qualifications / Certification
- Offshore Medic Certificate or local requirement
- Occupational Health Qualification