Closing Date: December 2020
At Stena Drilling we operate our business with a focus on our core values of Care, Innovation and Performance. With a worldwide operational presence, we are one of the world’s foremost independent drilling contractors leading the way in offshore innovation and realise the importance of our world-class employees in the successful delivery of our safe, innovative, and efficient operations.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Medic to join our team. Some of the duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Maintain medical stocks and records as required including a Register of Dangerous Drugs.
- Conduct training exercises onboard with First Aiders and members of medical emergency team.
- Maintain a Confidential Medical Log.
- Maintain and submit Injury Reports.
- Carry out hygiene inspections with Master / OIM on minimum weekly basis.
- Assist Administrator if not applicable then Radio Operator in the movement of personnel arriving and departing installation, assist in helicopter briefings, baggage weights etc.
- Provide clinical care for personnel onboard and refer cases to company doctor whenever necessary. Monitor the general health of the crew, including respiratory and skin screening and advise Master / OIM on occupational health matters.
- Maintain the COSHH SYPOL data base and carry out COSHH assessments. Liaise with departments to maintain up to date COSHH register and assessments.
- Maintain all medical emergency equipment onboard including Stretchers, First Aid boxes, Eyewash Stations and Emergency Hospitals.
- Health surveillance of all personnel exposed to hazardous substances during their period of work onboard installation.
- Resp/Skin/Ears/Eyes/ and exposure to Hand Arm Vibration (HAV) tools. Any identified occupational health problems to be referred to the onshore Occupational Health Doctor.
- Daily testing of POT water onboard for Temperature/Chlorine Levels/Smell/Appearance & taste with discrepancies reported to Chief Engineer. PH and Conductivity can also be carried out where required by local guidance.
- Testing of all bunkered water brought onboard installation for the above criteria.
- Carry out as a minimum, quarterly water samples for Bacterial, Chemical and Legionella Analysis.
Suitable Applicants should ideally have:
- Previous experience as an Offshore Medic
- Registered Nurse
- Valid Medics Licence to Practice
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Ability to remain calm and professional during high pressure/emergency situations