Operations Engineer – Base, Aberdeen
Location: Base - Aberdeen
Closing Date: June 2019
Stena Drilling is one of the world’s leading companies in the development, construction and operation of offshore drilling rigs and drillships. Our fleet of four ultra-Deepwater drillships and two semi-submersible rigs.
Stena Drilling manages an international drilling operation, based on experience from worldwide projects. Our core values are focused on care, innovation and performance.
The pursuit of these goals looks to ensure positive client relations, exceptional performance within our industry and strives to improve the safety, both to the environment and to all personnel involved.
As a family owned company, we realise the importance of our world class employees in the successful delivery of our safe and efficient drilling operations.
Operations Engineer- Base, Aberdeen Stena Drilling Ltd currently have an exciting opportunity for an Operations Engineer, to join our team in Aberdeen. Some of the duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to;
- Provide support for rig operations from Aberdeen
- Assist Aberdeen Operations team with day-to-day duties
- Provide support to ongoing rig operations as part of Aberdeen Operations team
- Assist, attend and review of local Authorities/Client/ Aberdeen inspections & audits, prepare action list for closeout when required
- Prepare, as required, reports and presentations for Aberdeen Operations Management
- Maintain IADC list & work with Rig Assigned Operations team to ensure only one controlled version is available to Clients
- Act as SPOC for Rig Importation Preparation when required
- Assist in the preparation of vessel tenders and rig start-up via SPOC/RIP Coordinator
- Assist to Coordinate/Facilitate Client start-up preparations (SPOC)
- Attend Meetings/Conference Calls as required by Aberdeen Operations
- Assist on any upgrades/ Retrofit/SPS project work as required by Aberdeen Operations
- Attend Commissioning/SIT/FAT’s as required
- Assist Aberdeen Operations and Rig Management to ensure rigs follow Company policy & procedures.
- Support Aberdeen Operations with tender process & contract review
- As required complete gap analysis of industry and Client standards against Stena Drilling policies and procedures.
- Assist in review of company procedures and generation of new in conjunction with Aberdeen Operations, Vessel & Onshore Rig Management.
- Take part in relevant industry workshops (HSE/ IADC etc.)
- Compile and send out operational reports
- Including but not limited to ‘Weekly Operational Summary’ & ‘Fleet Look ahead’
- Drilling Programs/IADC Reports & Support:
- Co-ordinate review of Drilling Programs as per company policy & collate completed review documents from vessels/ Rig Assigned Operations team.
- Participate in Drilling Well On Paper (DWOP), Hazard Identification (HAZID), Hazard Operability (HAZOP) and After Action Review (AAR) meetings as required
- Identify any issues with Daily Drilling Reports/ RimDrill to Rig Manager/ Assigned Operations Engineer
- Support offshore personnel with any issues with RimDrill reporting software
- NPT Performance:
- Track well performance and investigate areas of Non-Productive Time (NPT). Ensure records are maintained and reviewed in order to publish trends
- Confirm that NPT statistics conform to monthly signed rig timesheets
- Carry out one offshore visit per month to ensure continued exposure to offshore operations
- Operations Engineer will be available and fully support the Duty Rota
- Visit equipment vendors & sub-contractors as instructed by Rig Manger or Aberdeen
- Assist Rig Manager with day-to-day duties
- Provide support for on-going rig operations and assist offshore personnel
Ideally suitable applicants shall hold –
- Engineering / Drilling Related Degree
- Valid Well Control
- Previous Experience as Operations Engineer or similar role
- Good computer skills and have experience of Microsoft Office and an in-depth knowledge of Project and PowerPoint
- Excellent Communication & Presentation Skills
- Excellent interpersonal Skills
- Discretion regarding on going activity
- Demonstrates a personal commitment to a positive working environment