Personnel Logistics Officer
Location: Base - Aberdeen
Closing Date: January 2021
At Stena Drilling we operate our business with a focus on our core values of Care, Innovation and Performance. With a worldwide operational presence, we are one of the world’s foremost independent drilling contractors leading the way in offshore innovation and realise the importance of our world-class employees in the successful delivery of our safe, innovative, and efficient operations.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Personnel Logistics Officer to join our HR and Personnel Logistics team, based in Aberdeen. Some of the duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Act as focal point for all logistics and personnel issues related to allocated installation(s). This includes but is not limited to core crew personnel, catering crew, third parties and employees of Stena Drilling.
- Responsible on a daily basis for following up on all activities regarding rotation of personnel and mapping future requirements, short term or long term needs for your allocated installation(s).
- Liaising on a regular basis with Rig Management and Heads of Department regarding personnel logistics.
- Coordinate all travel arrangements relative to crew changes for allocated installation(s).
- Ensure that anyone joining allocated installation(s) has the required joining instructions and that local Agents (if applicable) are aware of any persons joining travel arrangements.
- Follow up on all absences, providing regular feedback to Rig Management, HODs on board.
- Ensure all crew and third parties have minimum company requirements ahead of joining allocated installations.
- Ensuring HR Files are kept up to date with both electronic and paper copies of relevant documents.
- Checking the Personnel on Board system on a daily basis.
- Updating various monthly HR reports.
- Providing the Payroll Team with accurate information by set deadlines, so correct payments can be made to crew.
- Arranging medicals as and when required.
- Participate on the on call duty for the HR Department, which will include reception of personnel evacuated from installations for medical reasons.
- Participation in relative/emergency response team.
- Any other duties as required by Personnel Logistics Supervisor.
Suitable Applicants should ideally have but not limited to –
- Emergency Response Course.
- Previous experience as a Personnel Logistics Officer, within the oil & gas industry.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to a positive working environment.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Formal HR Qualification or similar would be beneficial but not essential.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.