Personnel Recruitment Officer
Location: Base - Aberdeen
Closing Date: November 2019
Stena Drilling manages international drilling operations, with a fleet of 6 drilling units supported from our headquarters in Aberdeen.
As a family owned company, we realise the importance of our world class employees in the successful delivery of our safe and efficient drilling operations, and the importance of a Personnel Recruitment Officer’s role that is responsible for assisting in selecting our first-class personnel worldwide.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated, positive, proactive and dynamic Personnel Recruitment Officer to join our team. With an exciting and varied workload, some of the main responsibilities will include –
- Managing on/offshore recruitment activities from initial internal review of personnel and internal succession planning, as well as external sourcing, shortlisting, interview, approvals, job offer, compliance and hiring.
- Liaising with various internal employing companies, investigating and understanding different employment legislations and requirements for different locations.
- Continual review of workforce planning ahead of vessel location change, investigating, identifying and adhering to any local labour requirements.
- Continual review of Recruitment methods used for sourcing candidates including involvement with any necessary Recruitment campaigns, ensuring continual suitable pipeline of applicants is maintained.
- Collate and report market analysis, trends and information.
- Assisting in continual review and suggestion of improvement to skills / experience shortages, reviewing and proposing opportunity to improve, such as creation and implementation of training plans, initiatives, transferable skills.
- Assisting in reviewing all employing companies, including 3rd parties, adhere to Maritime Labour Convention. Assist to collate, audit and record required certification where applicable.
- Provide day to day support and guidance if suitable, to Recruitment Assistant.
- Once fully trained, assist as part of relative response team in the event of an emergency.
- Positive and resourceful.
- Ability to act pro-actively, efficiently and with initiative, and work well in a team environment.
- Self motivated and dynamic.
- Ideally experience of high volume recruitment activity, globally in multiple international locations.
- Knowledge of large scale recruitment campaigns.
- Experience in and managing internal succession/workforce planning.
- Ideally experience with multinational governing and regulatory bodies.
- Ideally experience in reviewing, completing due diligence and appointing 3rd party vendors.