Personnel Training Officer – Maternity Cover
Location: Base - Aberdeen
Closing Date: August 2018
Stena Drilling is one of the world’s leading companies in the development, construction and operation of offshore drilling rigs and drillships. Our fleet of four ultra-Deepwater drillships and Three semi-submersible rigs.
Stena Drilling manages an international drilling operation, based on experience from worldwide projects. Our core values are focused on care, innovation and performance.
The pursuit of these goals looks to ensure positive client relations, exceptional performance within our industry and strives to improve the safety, both to the environment and to all personnel involved.
As a family owned company, we realise the importance of our world class employees in the successful delivery of our safe and efficient drilling operations.
Stena Drilling Ltd currently have a requirement for a Personnel Training Officer, to cover Maternity Leave. Some of your duties and responsibilities will include -
• Booking all relevant training with Stena approved training providers as per Stena matrices and new location requirements.
• Updating the Training/HR Database with all information regarding training providers, course bookings, certificates, assign courses to relevant providers, marine tickets, seafarer medicals, CAS information.
• Preparing Employee Course Joining Instructions: book flights/car hire & hotel/accommodation where necessary and update data base. Forward prepared Course Joining Instructions to employees 3 months in advance.
• Implementation of all aspects of Training & Marine Certification as per matrices and Stena Drilling’s standards and procedures as well as the administration of the Competence Assurance System (CAS).
• Follow up all activities regarding training of personnel and mapping future training needs of their assigned vessels.
• Produce various weekly and monthly reports.
• Produce annual training budget forecast.
• Ensure vessel marine crew compliance as per safe manning document. Ensure crew marine tickets, seafarer books and seafarer medicals are kept valid. Ensure that all relevant Certificate of Equivalent Competency (CeC) are applied for.
Suitable applicants should have previous experience / knowledge of marine and drilling certification.