Location: Base - Aberdeen
Closing Date: March 2020
Stena Drilling manages international drilling operations, with a fleet of 6 drilling units supported from our headquarters in Aberdeen.
We currently have new opportunity, for a Procurement Officer to join our busy team, based in Aberdeen. Some of the duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to;
- To work in accordance with the company and departments objectives and procedures.
- To review requisitions received to ensure that they are properly authorised and correct in accordance with department procedures.
- Purchase or hire, in accordance with department procedures, goods, materials and services for use within or by Stena Drilling.
- To procure/source equipment, materials and services in support of drilling rigs/ships if outside frame/sphere agreement.
- To ensure correct certification is supplied where necessary.
- Negotiate frame agreements as directed.
- To ensure all returns from rig are actioned in a timely manner.
- To ensure all equipment for repair is sent to vendor & weekly updates are obtained on status of repair.
- To ensure rental equipment is given priority when returning to vendor.
- Negotiate with suppliers for best possible price and lead times.
- To ensure all urgent requisitions are actioned in a timely manner and all concerned are aware of status.
- To maintain good communications with requisitioners to ensure that they are appraised of requisition status.
- To expedite all open orders in a timely manner.
- To assist in budget control & analyse/report any major over-runs.
- Assist with preparation for budget submissions, by obtaining quotations as directed.
- To ensure Rig Manager/Rig Accountant is aware of any high cost orders that will not be completed / closed out by year end and will need to be accrued.
- Verify and approve vendor invoices in a timely manner.
- Any other duties as required by the Procurement Manager.
Qualifications and Experience
- High School Education
- Good administrative skills, including the use of computer systems
- Suitable experience in offshore industry
- Good Communication skills & time management skills
- Positive ‘service attitude’
- Systematic & conscientious approach to work
- Attention to detail
- Organisation qualities
- Commercial awareness
- Knowledge of drilling industry & associated equipment