Purchase Ledger Assistant
Location: Base - Aberdeen
Closing Date: January 2019
Stena Drilling is one of the world’s leading companies in the development, construction and operation of offshore drilling rigs and drillships. Our fleet of four ultra-Deepwater drillships and Three semi-submersible rigs.
Stena Drilling manages an international drilling operation, based on experience from worldwide projects. Our core values are focused on care, innovation and performance.
The pursuit of these goals looks to ensure positive client relations, exceptional performance within our industry and strives to improve the safety, both to the environment and to all personnel involved.
As a family owned company, we realise the importance of our world class employees in the successful delivery of our safe and efficient drilling operations.
We currently have a new and exciting opportunity for a Purchase Ledger Assistant, to join our team. Some of the duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Scan and verify invoices received into the accounts department on a daily basis, using scanning software (Readsoft).
- Process invoices upon receipt and ensure invoices are approved for payment within the stipulated supplier payment terms.
- Review that all relevant invoice information is correct before transferring over to processors own flow in palette,
- Match the invoice to the PO in palette, making sure that all prices/ quantities are correct,
- Take the necessary action should there be any price differences / inconsistencies,
- Ensure that the invoice is coded correctly, and add the approval flow,
- Non-PO invoices to be manually coded and the correct approval flow added,
- Make sure that all queries are dealt with, and chase up invoices that are due to be included in payment runs,
- Deal with phone calls from suppliers (requesting payment dates/ invoices updates etc.),
- Liaise with members of staff within/ out with the accounts department.
- Any other duties as required by the Purchase Ledger Supervisor.
Health, Safety & Environment
- Demonstrated commitment to the Company’s Safety Policies through leadership and guidance.
- Must be fully committed to preventing damage to the environment and shall work in accordance with Stena Drilling’s HS&E Policy and Procedures.
- Undertake training onshore to comply with the Training Matrix.
Essential experience for this role include relevant experience in Purchase Ledger environment and relevant experience as office accounts junior. The successful applicant will have good communication skills and high attention to detail.