Location: Base - Aberdeen
Closing Date: February 2019
Stena Drilling is one of the world’s leading companies in the development, construction and operation of offshore drilling rigs and drillships. Our fleet of four ultra-Deepwater drillships and Three semi-submersible rigs.
Stena Drilling manages an international drilling operation, based on experience from worldwide projects. Our core values are focused on care, innovation and performance.
The pursuit of these goals looks to ensure positive client relations, exceptional performance within our industry and strives to improve the safety, both to the environment and to all personnel involved.
As a family owned company, we realise the importance of our world class employees in the successful delivery of our safe and efficient drilling operations.
We currently have a new and exciting opportunities, for Knuckleboom Roustabout QCO’s.
The roles and responsibilities of this position will include but are not limited to:
- Supervise the Roustabout crew during lifting operations ensuring work is carried out safely following all Stena Drilling’s procedures. Mentor new crew and facilitate in their integration onboard.
- Assist the Crane Operator in operating the Main Pedestal Cranes, where applicable the Pipe handling Crane, Riser Gantry Crane and Helideck Crane this also includes offload/backload of Supply Vessels.
- For ensuring all lifting, rigging, supply boat operations and deck lifts are carried out in a safe and controlled manner. All Crane Operations are carried out within the Operational parameters.
- Ensure lifting equipment used is checked before use and fit for purpose, and that current colour code I.D. and SWL is clearly marked. Follow lifting equipment quarantine procedures.
- Assisting Crane Operators in carrying out daily, weekly and monthly crane checks and maintenance as per Planned Maintenance System and Manufacturer’s recommendations. Report any defects immediately to Crane Operators for remedial action to take place.
- Shall report any damage or incidents that occur to the crane or structure during lifting operations immediately to the Crane Operator.
- Assist the Crane Operators in carrying out daily, weekly and monthly heli-fuel checks and maintenance as per Planned Maintenance System, Manufacturer’s recommendations and Helicopter Operator requirements. Report any defects immediately to Crane Operators for remedial action to take place.
- Assist in managing deck areas and spaces, ensuring good housekeeping is maintained in all of these areas. Will take responsibility to ensure Crane Operator’s instructions are completed in accordance to the lift plan and on completion of work all tools and equipment stowed away and secured.
- Supervise the loading and securing of equipment in containers.
- Liaise with Store Man and Operators Materials Man for loading and back loading requirements of equipment.
- Follow the instructions of the Crane Operator.
- Be fully aware of the use, type and location of all Fire Fighting Equipment and Life Saving Equipment.
- Act as Heli-Deck Assistant. Follow the HLO’s instructions during Helicopter operations.
- If in possession of a HLO certificate, may be requested to carry out the duty of HLO during helicopter operations.
- Monitor that crew members have a safe work site and that the tools are suitable for the task.
- Ensure all walkways and escape ways remain clear.
- Ensure equipment is secure to prevent movement due to wind or vessel motion.
- When designated, act as Banksman. Strictly follow company lifting procedures. Never get involved with the lift or handle the load. Ensure lift path is clear before starting lift. Be familiar with and comply with the company’s lifting expectations.
- Question any instructions that are not clear and make suggestions for improving the safety of personnel and efficiency of the task.
- Be fully conversant and comply with the Bulk Handling procedures.
- Be fully aware of the correct use, type and location of all Oil Spill Equipment
- On moored units – Participate in rig moving operations including operation of anchor winches on-board under supervision of Barge Master/ Engineer.
- Any other duties as required by the Crane Operator / Senior Crane Operator.
Qualifications & Experience
Essential qualifications for the position include Crane Operator Stage 3. Ideally suitable applicants will also have Helideck Team Member and Fire Team Member, HLO and Deck grade 1 or Grade 2 Rating. The successful applicant will have previous offshore experience as a Roustabout QCO, or Assistant Crane Operator, working with Knuckleboom Cranes.