Roustabout with AB Ticket
Closing Date: February 2019
Stena Drilling is one of the world’s leading companies in the development, construction and operation of offshore drilling rigs and drillships. Our fleet of four ultra-Deepwater drillships and Three semi-submersible rigs.
Stena Drilling manages an international drilling operation, based on experience from worldwide projects. Our core values are focused on care, innovation and performance.
The pursuit of these goals looks to ensure positive client relations, exceptional performance within our industry and strives to improve the safety, both to the environment and to all personnel involved.
As a family owned company, we realise the importance of our world class employees in the successful delivery of our safe and efficient drilling operations.
We currently have a new opportunity for a Roustabout with an AB Ticket to join the Stena Don. Please can you send your AB Competency Certificate along with an updated CV. The roles and responsibilities of this role include;
- Must be fully committed to working safely and to accepting responsibility for the safety and safe work practices of fellow crewmembers.
- Question any instruction that are not clear and offer suggestions for improving the safety of personnel / the efficiency of carrying out any task.
- Stop the job if it appears unsafe or if the job is not going according to plan.
- Stop others, if their work appears unsafe.
- Follow instructions given by the Crane Operator.
- Assist in managing deck areas and spaces, ensuring good housekeeping is maintained in all of these areas. On completion of work, activities ensure all tools and equipment are stowed away and secured in the designated location.
- Ensure that all walkways and escape ways remain clear at all times. Participate in Lifting Operations under the supervision of the Crane Operator, ensuring that this in compliance with the company’s lifting practices.
- When designated, act as Banksman. Strictly follow company procedures. Never get involved with the lift or handle the loads. Ensure lift path is clear before starting lift. Be familiar with and comply with the company lifting expectations.
- Act as a member of the Helicopter Landing crew – Helideck Assistant under the direction of the designated Helicopter Landing Officer.
- Ensure that equipment is secure to prevent movement due to wind or vessel motion.
- Be fully aware of the correct use, type and location of all Oil Spill Equipment.
- Act as a Member of the Emergency Fire Team, being fully aware of the use, type and location of all Fire Fighting Equipment / Life Saving appliances
- Participate in Emergency training exercises on board when instructed by Crane Operator.
- On moored units – Participate in rig moving operations including operation of anchor winches on-board under supervision of Barge Master/ Engineer.
- Any other duties as required by the Crane Operator / Senior Crane Operator
Health, Safety & Environment
- Work according to and promote Stena Drillings HS&E Policies and Procedures as well as fully commit to preventing damage to the environment.
- Responsible and accountable for the safety of personnel working under their direction, ensuring that the companies policies and procedures are applied to the tasks being carried out.
- Comply with Stena Drilling procedures for management of risk and Safe Behaviour Programme; ensuring that a suitable and sufficient risk assessment is carried out for all work activates.
- Participate in the STOP system, complete and submit cards after discussions. Monitor and coach crew members to participate in STOP and carry out STOP audits.
- Promote Stena Drilling “Golden Rules” and the rig’s “House Rules” during team discussions.
- Attend and participate in Tool Box Talks.
- Ensure work site is safe and that all tools used are in satisfactory condition.
- Ensure that storage, handling and use of chemicals are done in accordance with procedures.
- Ensure equipment is secured to prevent movement due to wind or rig motion.
- Ensure familiar with correct use, type and location of all oil spill equipment.
- Comply with Stena Drilling waste segregation policy.
Qualifications & Experience
The successful applicant will hold a Deck Grade 1 or Grade 2 Ticket and Fire Team Member & Helideck certificates. Previous offshore drilling experience within a similar position will be advantageous.