Safety Officer 3
Closing Date: December 2020
At Stena Drilling we operate our business with a focus on our core values of Care, Innovation and Performance. With a worldwide operational presence, we are one of the world’s foremost independent drilling contractors leading the way in offshore innovation and realise the importance of our world-class employees in the successful delivery of our safe, innovative, and efficient operations.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Safety Officer 3 to join our team. Spending at least 50% of their time coaching and monitoring personnel, the duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- To provide appropriate training in the Company’s HSE Policies, Procedures and Safe Working practices, for all personnel onboard.
- To monitor ongoing operations at the worksite to confirm that tasks are being carried out in compliance with the Company’s HSE Policies, Procedures, and Safe Working practices.
- To promote the Company’s Safe Behaviour Programme through coaching, and the continuous development and roll out of campaign material.
- Supporting and advising the Deputy Master / OIM, Day Shift Safety Officer, Department Heads, and Supervisors on Health, Safety and Environmental matters.
- Comply with Stena Drilling procedures for management of risk; ensuring that a suitable and sufficient Risk Assessment and Toolbox Talk associated with key operations is carried out for all work activities.
- Ensuring that onboard Risk Assessments and Lifting Assessment Plans are properly controlled and maintained within the SMS, and that they are systematically reviewed and updated as necessary, in accordance with Company requirements.
- Monitoring the quality of Risk Assessments and Lifting Plans and reporting any deficiencies to the Master / OIM.
- Encouraging participation in the STOP programme, and coaching personnel in its use.
- Carrying out regular STOP tours/audits both on an individual ad-hoc basis, and in planned tours with the Deputy Master/OIM and Heads of Department.
- Monitoring the vessel STOP Card Register and expediting close out of Open STOP Cards.
- Administration and analysis of STOP card data to identify potential trends, reporting such trends, and identifying appropriate corrective measures in consultation with the onboard management team.
Suitable Applicants should ideally have:
- Grade 3: NEBOSH Certificate
- Ability to coach, teach and mentor crew
- Willingness to increase knowledge and keep updated on any changes in HSE regulations and legislation.
- Demonstrate high level of professionalism, flexibility and positivity.
- Ability to present in a confident and articulate manner