Senior Contracts Advisor
Location: Base - Aberdeen
Closing Date: July 2018
Stena Drilling Limited currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Contracts Advisor to join our team, based from our drilling headquarters, in Aberdeen. We are looking for an experienced Contracts professional, with extensive previous experience working with/for a drilling contractor or oil company.
Stena Drilling offer a competitive package and motivating working environment.
Some of the main duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Responsible for assisting in planning and implementing of contractual activities, and for all activities related to contract administration.
• Co-ordinate handling of all tenders following submission, up to Contract award.
• Perform Contract/Subcontract negotiation in conjunction with other members of the Commercial Team.
• Administer existing and any variations to Contracts for the Drilling Rigs, Projects and Shipyard contracts.
• Co-ordinate any legal advice required during tendering, negotiations and disputes.
• Perform routine contract reviews to ensure that any variations are formalised.
Required Skills & Experience:
• Extensive experience in previous role for Oil Company or Offshore Drilling Contractor
• Knowledge of English Law and Drilling Contracts
• Ability to work in a fast-changing environment and in situations of ambiguity.
• Suitable applicants should have excellent negotiation and inter-personable skills, and possess the ability to work independently when required.
• Higher Education/Degree Qualified
• Business or law degree is a plus with experience in upstream Oil & Gas industry with similar companies and within the drilling sector