Senior Tax Accountant
Location: Base - Aberdeen
Closing Date: January 2020
Stena Drilling is one of the world’s leading companies in the development, construction and operation of offshore drilling rigs and drill ships. Our fleet of four ultra-Deepwater drill ships and two semi-submersible rigs. Stena Drilling manages an international drilling operation, based on experience from worldwide projects. We strive to achieve our core values, which are focused around care, innovation and performance. We aim to improve the safety of both the environment and our employees by achieving our goals.
As a family owned company, we realise the importance of our world class employees in the successful delivery of our safe and efficient drilling operations. We currently have a new and exciting opportunity, for a Senior Tax Accountant to join our team in Aberdeen.
Roles & Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Contribute to tender and contracts process – provide estimates for profits, withholding and value added taxes as required, understand and apply the tax terms agreed in drilling service contracts with clients.
- Undertake new country set up – assist with any registrations required to set up in new locations (branch, company or tax registrations as applicable) develop clear understanding of costs and reporting requirements. Set up local bank accounts as required.
- Review annual company tax returns (various countries) – review draft returns, liaise with local advisors, manage submission process.
- Review monthly withholding tax and VAT tax return preparation (various countries) – review draft returns, liaise with local advisors, review draft returns, manage submission process.
- Calculate tax payments due, monitor payment deadlines, assist as needed with associated accounting entries. Contribute to budgeting and forecasting process within the finance department.
- Prepare quarterly and year-end tax reporting, assist with associated queries from management, Gothenburg or the auditors.
- Prepare response to tax audits and tax authority information requests as required.
- Contribute to the development and upkeep of transfer pricing documentation. Draft internal agreements as required. Contribute to the development of internal tax processes. Work within the framework of the Group’s Tax Policy.
- Keep the tax controller appraised of issues.
- Responsibility for UK VAT compliance.
- Any other duties as required by the Tax Controller.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Standard/higher education
- Exposure and experience of the tax implications of multi-jurisdictional international offshore drilling operations
- Good knowledge of accounting systems
- Good communication skills
- Good attention to detail