Subsea MUX engineer
Location: Onshore / Offshore
Closing Date: July 2019
Stena Drilling is one of the world’s leading companies in the development, construction and operation of offshore drilling rigs and drillships. Our fleet of four ultra-Deepwater drillships and Two semi-submersible rigs.
Stena Drilling manages an international drilling operation, based on experience from worldwide projects. Our core values are focused on care, innovation and performance.
The pursuit of these goals looks to ensure positive client relations, exceptional performance within our industry and strives to improve the safety, both to the environment and to all personnel involved.
As a family owned company, we realise the importance of our world class employees in the successful delivery of our safe and efficient drilling operations.
Subsea MUX Engineer
Working from an offshore, as well as onshore location, we currently have an exciting opportunity for a Subsea MUX Engineer to join our team.
Roles & Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for onsite supervision of BOP control system projects & upgrades (both onshore and offshore) including the installation, testing, commissioning and acceptance of new, refurbished or upgraded BOP MUX equipment on board vessel.
- Responsible for the safe operation, maintenance, testing and fault finding of electronic systems, controls and equipment in respect of the BOP MUX systems on board.
- Ensure all subsea BOP MUX equipment conforms to vessel’s class and applicable API requirements
- Ensure any software changes are carried out in accordance with Stena software control procedures.
- Liaise with Stena Well Control Equipment Reliability & Performance Group to ensure that BOP MUX control system failures are properly investigated, root causes identified and relevant follow up / remedial actions are taken.
- Review of Subsea MUX Engineer Daily Reports, Weekly Checklists, End of Tour Reports and End of Well Workscopes.
- Assist with the correct assembly, operation, maintenance, testing and disconnection of the subsea blowout preventer, marine riser and related equipment.
- Be fully conversant with Level 2 procedures and ensure that Level 5 (RSWMs) are fully updated with current work practices and are in accordance with SMS.
- Ensure all modifications, breakdowns, scheduled and unscheduled maintenance of subsea MUX equipment are carried out in a timely manner and entered into the maintenance system.
- Ensure all equipment modification work is carried out in accordance with Stena management of change procedures
- Ensure maintenance system equipment details and maintenance procedures are relevant and up to date.
- Ensure the installation has adequate supplies for the maintenance of subsea BOP MUX equipment.
- Inform Senior Subsea Engineer of all matters affecting BOP MUX system reliability / availability.
- Ensure good housekeeping in area of responsibility.
- Participate in Pre-Job Safety Meetings incorporating the relevant Risk Assessment for the specific task. Pay particular attention to hand and body placement for all operations involving close proximity to heavy equipment. Compile daily on site progress reports and submit to Senior Subsea Engineer and Aberdeen Office.
- Complete a documented end-of-tour handover in line with Stena Drilling’s Handover / Reporting Procedure.
Qualifications and Experience Essential
- Industry recognised electronics engineering qualifications
- Previous experience as an Electronics Technician working on subsea electronics in an offshore environment – e.g. ROV or BOP MUX systems.
- Previous experience working on Cameron BOP MUX control systems.
- Ability to read technical drawings