Location: Base - Aberdeen
Closing Date: February 2020
Stena Drilling is one of the world’s leading companies in the development, construction and operation of offshore drilling rigs and drill ships. Headquartered in Aberdeen, with worldwide operations, our fleet consists of four ultra-Deepwater drill ships and two semi-submersible rigs.
We currently have a new and exciting opportunity, for a Subsea Superintendent (Operations) to join our successful and efficient team, managing Subsea Support and activities for our offshore drilling units.
The successful applicant’s role & responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Provide support to the Subsea Manager and Rig Managers for all subsea equipment and associated activities offshore and onshore.
- Responsible for all subsea equipment and associated activities offshore and onshore, in conjunction with the Rig Manager and Subsea Manager. All subsea equipment shall be maintained and repaired in accordance with the company policies and procedures and in compliance with all statutory requirements.
- Liaise with Subsea Manager and Rig Managers to provide support for the Operations Department and on-going projects.
- Responsible for the maintenance of all well control equipment to standards required by the certifying authorities.
- Monitor the status and effectiveness of planned maintenance schedules to ensure maximum equipment efficiency.
- Provide written procedures and safety instructions regarding subsea equipment, also operation, maintenance and repair of the same.
- Respond to all documentation, reports and other communications regarding subsea equipment.
- Preparation of job packs and budgets for all surveys, modifications and projects.
- Direct all offshore subsea staff to ensure that all equipment under their control is maintained and operated in a safe manner consistent with current legislation and Company Code of Safe Working Practices.
- Participate in operational and project meetings as required.
- Any other duties as required by the Subsea Manager.
Qualifications and Experience
- Higher National Certificate or equivalent is desirable.
- IWCF Well Control Certificate is desirable
- Essential experience includes previous experience offshore as a Subsea Engineer
- Previous experience with similar subsea systems, ability to read technical drawings and experience in AutoCAD is desirable