Location: Base - Aberdeen
Closing Date: June 2019
Stena Drilling is one of the world’s leading companies in the development, construction and operation of offshore drilling rigs and drillships. Our fleet of four ultra-Deepwater drillships and two semi-submersible rigs.
Stena Drilling manages an international drilling operation, based on experience from worldwide projects. Our core values are focused on care, innovation and performance.
The pursuit of these goals looks to ensure positive client relations, exceptional performance within our industry and strives to improve the safety, both to the environment and to all personnel involved.
As a family owned company, we realise the importance of our world class employees in the successful delivery of our safe and efficient drilling operations.
Tax Assistant We currently have a new opportunity, for a Tax Assistant to join our team on a temporary basis for circa 6 months, based in Aberdeen. Some of the duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to;
- Assistance with annual company tax return preparation (various countries) – prepare information packs from the accounting systems, liaise with local advisors, review draft returns, manage submission process, update registers for submitted documents.
- Assistance with monthly withholding tax and VAT tax return preparation (various countries) – prepare information packs from the accounting systems, liaise with local advisors, review draft returns, manage submission process, update registers for submitted documents.
- Collate withholding tax certificates (various countries) – reconciliation of revenue and withholding tax certificates, timely follow up with customers if required.
- Calculate tax payments due, monitor payment deadlines, assist as needed with associated accounting entries.
- Contribute to the development and upkeep of transfer pricing documentation.
- Contribute to the development of internal tax processes.
- Support finance department with tax matters.
- Keep the tax accountant and tax controller appraised of issues.
- Work within the framework of the Group’s Tax Policy.
Suitable applicants should ideally have –
- Engagement with the finance department and broader business.
- Dialogue with external advisors (various countries)
- Standard/ Higher Education
- Exposure to the Oil and Gas Industry
- Good knowledge of accounting systems
- Good communication skills
- Good attention to detail