Trainee International Rig Importer
Location: Base - Aberdeen
Closing Date: March 2020
We currently have a new and exciting opportunity for a Trainee International Rig Importer, to join our business. Stena Drilling own and manage a fleet of 6 Drilling Units, that work internationally, for short and long durations. The primary purpose / objective of the International Logistics team is to Project Manage the rig importation, and export, when our rigs/vessels move, liaising with various internal departments, 3rd parties/agents, as well as governing officials. Working closely with the International Logistics Manager, you will be required to travel to various locations throughout the world but have a base in our office in Aberdeen.
Some of the main duties and responsibilities include –
- Assist in the review of local agents for the import/export of Rig including materials and equipment on board and provide feedback to line manager for consideration, review and approval.
- Assistant International Logistics Manager with matters relating to local content rules and regulations.
- Research and identify potential base office, apartments, cars and other required infrastructure required in country.
- Purchase/rent requisitioned items/services in compliance with Stena Procurement procedures and in consultation with Rig Manager & International Logistic Manager for preparation of project commencement. Ensure compliance with local content rules and regulations.
- Prepare and initiate various tracking tools before handing over to Base Manager and/or Logistic Controller.
- Conduct offshore rigs visits to assist offshore personnel for matters concerning Rig Import or Export.
- Lialising with Aberdeen HR relating to Crew/Visas/Work Permits/Travel/Training for all Stena & Stena 3rd Party Personnel for Rig Import & Export.
- Interface with local labour agents and relevant bodies on all matters relating to the supply of local labour for the location, in conjunction to local content rules and regulations.
Suitable applicants will ideally have knowledge / exposure to the drilling industry. You should have excellent interpersonal skills, high professionalism, be proactive and able to work with initiative.