CLOSING DATE: 31/05/2021
At Stena Drilling we operate our business with a focus on our core values of Care, Innovation and Performance. With a worldwide operational presence, we are one of the world’s foremost independent drilling contractors leading the way in offshore innovation and realise the importance of our world-class employees in the successful delivery of our safe, innovative, and efficient operations.
We currently have exciting opportunities for Cyber Assistant Driller’s to join our team
Roles & Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Control of all operations performed under their supervision ensuring they are carried out in a safe and efficient manner.
- Responsible for ensuring the Floorman and Derrickman are correctly deployed for ongoing and upcoming operations, and that they are familiar with the equipment in use and its safe operation.
- Verifying the position of the valves on all circuits and on the choke manifold at the beginning of their shift.
- Ensure Daily Inspection of Derrick/Mast is performed.
- Ensure drilling operations are carried out as defined in the approved Operator’s Instructions and Drilling Programme, and the operations are executed in accordance with Stena’s Drilling Operation Manual and RSWMs.
- Responsible for ensuring the Drilling Crew perform Planned Maintenance on drilling equipment thoroughly and timely, and that it is recorded on the PM sheets.
- Carry out daily checks to include ensuring the choke manifold is properly lined up for the current operation.
- Carry out derrick inspections and Dropped Object Checks thoroughly and timely, documenting the results and ensuring any anomalies are reported and rectified.
- Complete sections of Daily Drilling Reports as directed by the Driller.
- Calculate and record drilling line ton miles.
- Complete casing check lists.
- Maintain an accurate pipe tally.
- Maintain an accurate and complete record of all equipment which enters the well.
- Update the pre-kick sheet.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Previous operational experience on a 6th Generation, Deep Water Drilling Drillship
- Previous experience of Managed Pressure Drilling
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and supervisory skills
- Valid IWCF Well Control Level 3 Certificate
To allow us to review suitability accurately, applicants are encouraged to detail the specific units and types that they have experience working on, on their CV.
share this vacancy