CLOSING DATE: 07/04/2023
At Stena Drilling we operate our business with a focus on our core values of Care, Innovation and Performance. With a worldwide operational presence, we are one of the world’s foremost independent drilling contractors.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Subsea Engineer 2 to join our Offshore Team.
Some of the duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Assist with the correct assembly, operation, maintenance, testing and disconnection of the subsea blowout preventer, marine riser and related equipment.
- Maintain and repair heave compensating equipment.
- Maintain subsea running and retrieving tools and supervise the running and retrieving of all subsea equipment.
- Maintain Planned Maintenance requirements in area of responsibility.
- Ensure all modifications, breakdowns, scheduled and unscheduled maintenance of subsea equipment has been conducted to OEM and Stena Policy
- Ensure good housekeeping in area of responsibility.
- Be aware of Contract and Re Bills relating to Subsea Equipment.
- Ensure Level 5 (RSWMs) are fully updated with current work practices and in accordance with SMS.
- Participate in Pre-Job Safety Meetings incorporating the relevant Risk Assessment for the specific task.
- Attend weekly safety meetings.
- Complete a documented end-of-tour handover in line with Stena Drilling’s Handover / Reporting Procedure.
- Consult an approved copy of the Operator’s Instructions and the Drilling Programme regarding information relative to the Subsea Department.
- Ensure the appropriate barriers are in place and the relative announcement made on the PA system prior to the commencement of critical operations.
- Carry out other duties as requested by Senior SSE / SSE.
Suitable applicants should ideally have:
- Industry recognised engineering qualifications.
- Previous experience offshore
- Previous experience with similar subsea systems.
- Ability to read technical drawings.
share this vacancy