CLOSING DATE: 31/05/2022
At Stena Drilling we operate our business with a focus on our core values of Care, Innovation and Performance. With a worldwide operational presence, we are one of the world’s foremost independent drilling contractors.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Subsea Engineer 2 to join our offshore Team, onboard the Stena Carron.
Some of the duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Supervise the correct assembly, operation, maintenance, testing and disconnection of the subsea blowout preventer, marine riser and related equipment.
- Maintain and repair heave compensating equipment.
- Maintain subsea running and retrieving tools and supervise the running and retrieving of all subsea equipment.
- Ensure all planned maintenance is up to date and signed off in accordance with the maintenance schedule for all areas of responsibility.
- Ensure all subsea equipment conforms to vessel’s class and applicable API requirements.
- Ensure all modifications, breakdowns, scheduled and unscheduled maintenance of subsea equipment has been entered into the Maximo system. Ensure Maximo system equipment details and maintenance procedures are relevant and up to date.
- Ensure the stock levels are adequate for the maintenance of subsea equipment.
- Advise the Senior Subsea Engineer / Subsea Engineer of any impending downtime/ equipment failure.
- Ensure good housekeeping in area of responsibility.
- Calculate ton cycles for tensioner wires (if applicable), implementing and recording slip and cut programme.
- Record riser usage on each well, maintain tension record tracking spreadsheet and identify inspection requirements.
- Prepare BOP test reports.
- Be aware of Contract and Re Bills relating to Subsea Equipment.
- Be fully conversant with Level 2 procedures and ensure Level 5 (RSWMs) are fully updated with current work practices and are in accordance with SMS.
- Participate in operational meetings.
- Consult with the Senior Subsea Engineer / Subsea Engineer regarding the operations forecast.
- Complete work log on a daily basis.
- Participate in Pre-Job Safety Meetings incorporating the relevant Risk Assessment for the specific task. Pay particular attention to hand and body placement for all operations involving close proximity to heavy equipment.
- Attend weekly safety meetings.
- Responsible and accountable for the safety of the personnel working under their direction and shall be expected to conduct operations at all times in full compliance with company procedures (SMS).
- Complete a documented end-of-tour handover in line with Stena Drilling’s Handover / Reporting Procedure.
- Consult an approved copy of the Operator’s Instructions and the Drilling Programme regarding information relative to the Subsea Department.
- Ensure the appropriate barriers are in place and the relative announcement made on the PA system prior to the commencement of critical operations.
- Notify the Toolpusher prior to the commencement of any man riding operations.
- Any other duties as required by the Senior Subsea Engineer / Subsea Engineer.
Suitable applicants should ideally have:
- IWCF – Well Control Certificate
- Industry recognised engineering qualifications
- Previous experience as an Assistant Subsea Engineer
- Previous experience within similar subsea systems
- Ability to read technical drawings
To allow us to review suitability accurately, applicants are encouraged to detail the specific units and types that they have experience working on, on their CV.
share this vacancy